Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Control page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Muscle Control

Primal Fuel
    I just found the weirdest shit: http://www.maxalding.co.uk/mc-book-english/mc-e-4a.htm

Has anybody tried this? I might, sounds very interesting, is this supposed to replace exercise? nah right?

you weren't kidding, that's super weird. i can't say it would replace any exercises, but i do know that it can help strengthen muscles. it's the same principle of contracting your abs periodically throughout the day. also, it's good to be able to contract specific muscles at will, helps with total body awareness.

Right, I think what's most interesting is being able to HOLD the same degree of tension in a muscle group without the help of another which is kind of what this is supposed to teach you. ie: Being able to fully flex your pectorals without having to bring your arms into the contraction, or holding that contraction once the arms are moving away from the chest which typically relaxes the pectorals.

Some of those ab pics are just CREEPY. I never thought you could isolate one side of your abs and relax the other... it's like you can literally have a "3 pack" ... makes me cringe.

The host site has other books available, on wellness, etc. I will read anything from this time period (early 1900s) and take it more seriously than new age stuff. http://www.maxalding.co.uk/

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't seem that weird to me; just another form of isometrics, kind of like holding a plank position.

Simon is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't that the basis of the old Charles Atlas mail order routines? Contraction and relaxation and so on.

I've just never seen anybody be able to do some of the ab holds he's doing, half in half out but vertically? pretty insane to me. Rest of the stuff I guess isn't so mind blowing but the ab stuff gives me the creeps.

Longquan is offline Member
    It works BUT you still need to use "real" resistance (bodyweight, external weights) because tendons and ligaments need real weights to get stronger. There's a cool book by Harry Wong called "Dynamic Strength" that uses this method.

Grizz is offline Banned
    That is just like exercising facial muscles to keep yourself looking young without plastic surgery.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ighlight=grizz

Grizz

So, I'm the only one that finds this creepy? Not to mention seemingly very hard to do... ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast