Thread: Gluten free page

Chasethompson is offline Junior Member

Question Gluten free

Primal Fuel
    My wife and I are on our way through our first 30 days, and hopefully will be able to sustain the Primal lifestyle for years to come.

I was wondering what if the occasional gluten free item, like a chocolate chip cookie made gluten free is bad for a non guilty very occasional "cheat" item?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Bolivar is offline Senior Member
    Make sure your cookies are grass fed

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasethompson View Post
    My wife and I are on our way through our first 30 days, and hopefully will be able to sustain the Primal lifestyle for years to come.

I was wondering what if the occasional gluten free item, like a chocolate chip cookie made gluten free is bad for a non guilty very occasional "cheat" item?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Absolutely not. However, to go gluten free doesn't mean you have to eat a cookie made of rice flour or potato flour.

Instead, try making your own with almond meal or coconut flour! There are numerous recipes in our recipes forum all for cookies and whatnot... it's very much worth looking.

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    Someone pointed out the other day that the PB is just that, a blueprint. It's not set of stringent rules that everyone follows 100% of the time. We all have our 20%, if that's eating a cookie for you, then so be it. Although staying grain free is one of the main principles.

Like the poster above said, try making alternative cookies. The switch over to no sugar was pretty easy for me. Now my desserts are full fat greek yogurt with mixed berries, a hunk of 100% cacao chocolate, etc... rarely do I have them though.

I'm still pretty new to the PB myself, 6 weeks in. From what i've experienced, you have to tailor this lifestyle to fit your goals and wants. Good luck!

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I don't have celiac, but I do loads better w/out gluten in my life. That said, sometimes I just throw caution to the wind and eat a cookie. Or a pizza (yes, a whole one). And then I pay the price for my indulgence. It's not a common event, but I sure enjoy those moments!

I did find some very yummy gluten free, dairy free, wheat free cookies at whole foods yesterday. Ingredients weren't stellar, but they were pretty good AND I didn't have to make them (hate baking). They're my new favorite occasional treat.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Totally up to you and what your goals are. When I really want a cookie usually only the real thing will do and so I have one and get on with my life. It's not very often, and it doesn't derail me, so I'm fine with it. (But as Rivvin says, making your own primal version is great too - I've done some wonderful ones and enjoyed those a lot too)
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log