Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Carb? page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ok, it's no secret that I behaved badly this weekend. While I ate ok I did drink, and now I'm having the worst carb cravings, and my scale shot up about 7 lbs. I'm highly discouraged and disappointed in myself right now.

With these aweful carb cravings and my inability to control myself with food- eating when I'm not hungry- I've been floating the idea of going practically carbless for a couple days. Has anyone done this? Does it help? How long is it sustainable?

I'd appreciate whatever thoughts you all have.

gn
    gn is offline Junior Member

does your "no carb" means "no plants"?

e.g. my yesterday's dinner, 20 egg yolks + 20 grams of cod liver oil, contained 12.5 grams of carbs (from yolks) (i know, that's a lot, and that's why my BF this morning was 0.2 percent higher)

if "no carb" does mean "no plants" it is quite doable: i eat plants only once in three-four days, though i can not say i feel good (actually, sometimes terrible) - but maybe this is because i'm still in the process of getting used to this regime, and will feel normal eventually

Yeah, that's basically what I'm getting at.

Eggs, coconut milk, meats, bone broth... that sort of thing. I don't want to go long term though, unless my body decides it likes it.

ohiolopez is offline Junior Member

Diana

My suggestion is to pick yourself up and start over again. If this lifestyle/diet choice was easy everyone could do it but at times it is very difficult. Learn from your mistakes and move in a positive direction.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Diana eliminating carbs isn't the answer. Aim for 50 grams of carbs per day for a few days and you'll be fine.

By the way, that 7 lb increase was most certainly not body fat. It is most likely water retention brought on by the binge. Just give your body a few days to recover by eating primally and you'll see it disappear.

You would have to eat 24,500 MORE calories than you used to add 7 lbs of fat. It might have been a wild weekend but I bet it wasn't THAT wild. ;->

Have a good salad every day, a piece of fruit and avoid alcohol for a few days and you'll be fine. Or commit to the challenge that someone posted on this board today for a week if you really want to see a quick turn around.

Mostly I was hoping it would be a method to halt cravings... because just a little is never enough, you know?

I know the 7 lbs isn't fat, but it's still freaky. lol.

I generally don't drink... and probably won't touch alcohol again until Thanksgiving (thank goodness!)

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

I'm inclined to think that going with no carbs would increase your cravings. Make yourself a nice fruit salad of different berries and your desire for ice cream will probably diminish.

Tarlach is offline Member

[quote]

Mostly I was hoping it would be a method to halt cravings... because just a little is never enough, you know? </blockquote>

I find this to be true.

Even a small amount of fruit or veg can give you the carb munchies.

I sometimes go for days without any fruit/veg. It is much easier to avoid carbs when you have go a day or so on meat and water.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

A few weeks ago, I had a derailing weekend as well, and decided to go no carb for a few days. Like gn, I felt horrible-had fruit craving and NO energy whatsoever. I was hoping it would subside, but gave in and reincorporated greens. With veggies as carbs, my digestion and energy levels have improved. Perhaps no carb is not for everyone, or just requires persistence for the body to adjust?

fritchbeetle is offline Junior Member

I&#39;d suggest eliminating starches (grains and tubers) and sugars (including fruits), but not carbs. Keep the green veggies. I&#39;ve done that twice for six weeks. Difficult but doable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast