Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Carb? page 2

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Diana, I think thats a perfectly okay idea to go carb free for a few days. I think it will help ease the cravings and its not going to harm you. I'm sure Grok had days where he ate no carbs.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I guess it could really go either way, right?

I don't really eat starches (save for a cookie and a half on saturday night, which soon got tossed from too much alcohol.) So not eating them is no problem- except the current cravings. I've gone months without. Fruits... I generally have a piece (or a cup of berries) every other day. I can't wait til winter when it's not so abundant and tempting- lol.

For right now, since I have gobs of fresh produce on hand I made a simple ratatouille with pork which should last me a couple days. It's quite low in carbs (generally speaking) so I should be under the 50g mark without going "no carb." I'm going to give this a shot for a couple days and see how I feel. If by thursday morning I'm still having trouble, I'm going to drop to "no carb" for a couple days. By the weekend I should be right as rain.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

You literally tossed your cookies? LOL!

I thought my days of over-indulging with alcohol were behind me but a few weeks ago my neighbor made me two Super Big Gulp sized Vodka Tonics. This was after a 1/2 glass of wine and a beer (or two). Imagine my surprise when I found myself driving the porcelain bus later that night! At 47 I should know better.

My wife says I can't play with him anymore.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Diana, you may find this post of my helpful:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...plateau-broken

I find the only way to be rid of cravings is to not have "them" in the fridge, or wherever. A little bit then leads to a lot. Now, having said that, I don't have problems with carb cravings anymore, and I can eat, like yesterday, a small half piece of toast - hey, with organic butter! - w/o effect.

I wonder if the fact that I mostly also take carb blockers with things like that toast minimizes cravings? The body sure doesn't see much carb, only the mind.

Althaur is offline Senior Member

When I've gone carnivorous for a few days, I've found all my cravings disappear. In fact, my hunger pretty much disappears. I may only eat one huge meal of meat with some cheese and not be hungry again for about 24 hours.

I've found that I am naturally leaning towards very little vegetation in my diet and I feel great.

sofiawahaj Guest

After a carb binge, I find increasing my fat intake the next day really helps curve my cravings. Gets lots of fat and you will be back on track.

I'd say no carb is fine for someone that doesn't workout, but I know that you do. I suggest, like many here have, lay off the fruit and get a modest amount of your carbs from green leafy veg. An old bodybuilder secret, lots of spinach and a gallon of distilled water a day. It'll flush you out, you'll feel less bloated and yucky. As you know, I had a front row seat at the carb circus this weekend. Had lots of green leafy veg yesterday and my distilled water and this morning I could put my rings back on my fingers. You'll feel better once the water weight goes away.

Nick Guest

There's no need for carbs. I don't eat any and I don't have cravings. There are a couple tricks you can try, like eating a couple tablespoons of coconut oil (or your fat of choice), having some glutamine in water, etc. I agree with Tarlach that it's much harder to do moderate carb consumption than to just forget it exists. I suppose I get whatever it is in the eggs, and glycogen in the meat, and the residual 6g/cup in the heavy cream in my coffee, though.

I'd probably avoid sweeteners too for the time being.

Tarlach is offline Member

Just to add - I don't have any problems working out on no carb.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

I didn't have time to read the ohter replies I am on my way out the door, I feel losing weight isn't just the body it is emotional too I feel depriving yourself is a form of punishment and that doesn't send good signals to your body...just get back to the plan, drink tons of water and move on. their is no reason to punish yourself and not have any carbs!

just my opinion oxox Darlene

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast