Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIDICULOUS 2 week success

Talking RIDICULOUS 2 week success

Shop Now
    I started PB after reading this article on Tim Ferriss' blog. Thank god I use StumbleUpon all day or I never would have (literally) stumbled on it. After I read the article, so many things made sense. I remember reading an article about going 'poo-less on FreeTheAnimal.com and remembering them mention Paleo/Primal, so I went there and began reading. FTA led me here and that's where I really started to learn about PB.

I began eating paleo immediately after I read Tim's article. The benefits were instantaneous. I literally noticed a difference after eating my first meal without grains because I wasn't immediately sleepy. Usually I feel like taking a nap EVERY time I eat. This time, after a simple meal of ground beef and fresh veggies I felt fine. Great even. I was inspired to continue because of this.

One week later and a rash I had on my arm for the last 9 months began to disappear. I had a suspicion that it was candidiasis. A fungal imbalance caused by anti-biotics and too much gluten/sugar. This was seriously encouraging. I would look at my arm and see the small marks where the rash used to be and smiled every time.

Two weeks later and I decided to hop on a scale. I had lost 8 pounds. My face wasn't puffy anymore and I had to dig my belt out of my closet so my pants would fit. I was ecstatic. I looked in the mirror and realized that I had not had an acne breakout in several days. I stopped using acne wash at night and I haven't had another blemish yet.

After a year of chronic cardio (running miles at a time, going on hikes for the endorphins, riding my bike without pleasure), and plateauing in weight loss I was becoming angry and impatient. I finally had to stop after I hiked several trails in a row at Yosemite, came home and ran a 5k, and promptly eff'd my knee up. The PB diet and exercises are healing my knee naturally. I took my shoes off and did sprints in the grass at a park near my house and it felt great. And my knee is thanking me.

My clothes fit better. I can jump out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. I can power through 3pm without almost nodding out at my desk. I don't drink, or need, coffee anymore. I've saved so much money by cooking my own food in TWO weeks that I could buy a new pair of Vibrams with the excess. I look, and feel amazing. THIS is a amazing, and I think I might just do it for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by shiggles; 10-05-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Wow! Congratulations, that is inspiring.

Shiggles... You better be careful because you may and up with some of the same problems that I wrote a out a while back. Go to my blog and search "detriments of eating paleo/primal/low carb. This post was by far the most popular with over 8000 hits and counting. Hope this helps...congratulations by the way, your improvements are great!

kmacphee - way to "scare" him. :-P I loved that post, btw. It made me laugh and still makes me grin every time I wander across it in my blog hopping. Damn you extra energy! Now I have to get stuff done!!!

Awesome stuff man!!

Thanks all! I'm excited about this lifestyle change and what it can do, and already does, for me.

@kmacphee Thanks for the warning! I read your article and it was very informative. I'm glad PBers have you around to sound the clarion call of warning.

I took my 'before' picture yesterday, and I'll probably take another in a month or so. Already seeing some improvements in body comp, mood, performance and energy. I'm confident that my burning desire to remain at least 80% will generate large returns.

In fact, beer might be my only downfall

good job! keep it up
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

That is totally awesome!! Great Job!! I too am finishing up my 2nd week on Thursday and I am at a 9lb loss so far and I feel great. PB is such a lifesaver literally!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

I recognize a lot of what you said. I think one of the most exciting results is that I don't need to coach myself: there is instant gratification in eating this way and it's actually affecting the way I view other things. It seems that, for me, it's been a 100% positive experience.

It's like wandering around a dark room and finally finding the door out.

Learn More
    Excellent job.

I discovered this website through stumbleupon, too. I "like" every good thread on here, and all of Mark's blogs to spread the word.