Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIDICULOUS 2 week success page

shiggles is offline Senior Member

Talking RIDICULOUS 2 week success

I started PB after reading this article on Tim Ferriss' blog. Thank god I use StumbleUpon all day or I never would have (literally) stumbled on it. After I read the article, so many things made sense. I remember reading an article about going 'poo-less on FreeTheAnimal.com and remembering them mention Paleo/Primal, so I went there and began reading. FTA led me here and that's where I really started to learn about PB.

I began eating paleo immediately after I read Tim's article. The benefits were instantaneous. I literally noticed a difference after eating my first meal without grains because I wasn't immediately sleepy. Usually I feel like taking a nap EVERY time I eat. This time, after a simple meal of ground beef and fresh veggies I felt fine. Great even. I was inspired to continue because of this.

One week later and a rash I had on my arm for the last 9 months began to disappear. I had a suspicion that it was candidiasis. A fungal imbalance caused by anti-biotics and too much gluten/sugar. This was seriously encouraging. I would look at my arm and see the small marks where the rash used to be and smiled every time.

Two weeks later and I decided to hop on a scale. I had lost 8 pounds. My face wasn't puffy anymore and I had to dig my belt out of my closet so my pants would fit. I was ecstatic. I looked in the mirror and realized that I had not had an acne breakout in several days. I stopped using acne wash at night and I haven't had another blemish yet.

After a year of chronic cardio (running miles at a time, going on hikes for the endorphins, riding my bike without pleasure), and plateauing in weight loss I was becoming angry and impatient. I finally had to stop after I hiked several trails in a row at Yosemite, came home and ran a 5k, and promptly eff'd my knee up. The PB diet and exercises are healing my knee naturally. I took my shoes off and did sprints in the grass at a park near my house and it felt great. And my knee is thanking me.

My clothes fit better. I can jump out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. I can power through 3pm without almost nodding out at my desk. I don't drink, or need, coffee anymore. I've saved so much money by cooking my own food in TWO weeks that I could buy a new pair of Vibrams with the excess. I look, and feel amazing. THIS is a amazing, and I think I might just do it for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by shiggles; 10-05-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Congratulations, that is inspiring.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Shiggles... You better be careful because you may and up with some of the same problems that I wrote a out a while back. Go to my blog and search "detriments of eating paleo/primal/low carb. This post was by far the most popular with over 8000 hits and counting. Hope this helps...congratulations by the way, your improvements are great!

kam904s is offline Member
    kmacphee - way to "scare" him. :-P I loved that post, btw. It made me laugh and still makes me grin every time I wander across it in my blog hopping. Damn you extra energy! Now I have to get stuff done!!!

Rhyno is offline Member
    Awesome stuff man!!

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all! I'm excited about this lifestyle change and what it can do, and already does, for me.

@kmacphee Thanks for the warning! I read your article and it was very informative. I'm glad PBers have you around to sound the clarion call of warning.

I took my 'before' picture yesterday, and I'll probably take another in a month or so. Already seeing some improvements in body comp, mood, performance and energy. I'm confident that my burning desire to remain at least 80% will generate large returns.

In fact, beer might be my only downfall

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    good job! keep it up
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    That is totally awesome!! Great Job!! I too am finishing up my 2nd week on Thursday and I am at a 9lb loss so far and I feel great. PB is such a lifesaver literally!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    I recognize a lot of what you said. I think one of the most exciting results is that I don't need to coach myself: there is instant gratification in eating this way and it's actually affecting the way I view other things. It seems that, for me, it's been a 100% positive experience.

It's like wandering around a dark room and finally finding the door out.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Excellent job.

I discovered this website through stumbleupon, too. I "like" every good thread on here, and all of Mark's blogs to spread the word.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast