Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RIDICULOUS 2 week success page 6

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    Shiggles... You better be careful because you may and up with some of the same problems that I wrote a out a while back. Go to my blog and search "detriments of eating paleo/primal/low carb. This post was by far the most popular with over 8000 hits and counting. Hope this helps...congratulations by the way, your improvements are great!
    Just read it and chuckled, great post!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Balance is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    Shiggles... You better be careful because you may and up with some of the same problems that I wrote a out a while back. Go to my blog and search "detriments of eating paleo/primal/low carb. This post was by far the most popular with over 8000 hits and counting. Hope this helps...congratulations by the way, your improvements are great!
    Grats to Shiggles. Paleo is awesome isn't it? To kmacphee, you had me going for a second, you would have been one of the few people that actually didn't benefit from paleo. You should have added that you also lost extra weight, and had to buy new jeans to fit your slimmer waistline. That is the complaint all my buddies have about paleo

primalpilgrim is offline Senior Member
    Great job Shiggles! The road of self-discovery is a rewarding one IMO. Great progress pics.

I'm a big fan of bodyweight workouts because they are relatively safe, do not require much equipment to execute and can be easily scaled to different levels of difficulty depending on the individual. 3x a week sounds about right. Target a different muscle group each day. For example, shoulders, arms and lats during your push-up day, abs during your ab day, and maybe a a day where you move the whole body like burpee days, Hindu squats, squat-kicks, skipping, lunges and so forth.

If I could recommend ONE piece of exercise equipment, I would recommend a 35 lb. kettlebell (maybe heavier if you're stronger). Just doing a basic kettlebell swing works wonders for cardiovascular health and total body toning. I use a 35 lb. and do 10 swings with the right hand, 10 left hand, 10R, 10L and 10 both hands. That makes 50 consecutive swings. Rest and repeat or do 100 consecutively if you can. That's a workout of the day in less than 10 minutes.

They look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6ax...eature=related and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3Mf...eature=related

The proper hip snap recruits the core, back, glutes and legs muscle and uses big muscles in the body - hence its effectiveness as a total body workout. As you progress, you can add more kettlebell exercises into your routine. Simple, quiet and relatively inexpensive. 5 minutes of proper form KB swinging with exhaust a normal person :-)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456