Thread: RIDICULOUS 2 week success page 2

QuietlyPrimal is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    awesome! congrats. Isn't this great?
    Quietly Primal
    Eating food that remembers where it came from

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I recognize a lot of what you said. I think one of the most exciting results is that I don't need to coach myself: there is instant gratification in eating this way and it's actually affecting the way I view other things. It seems that, for me, it's been a 100% positive experience.

It's like wandering around a dark room and finally finding the door out.
    Too true! After you experience the instant gratification of skipping grain, sugar and processed crap, you have no desire to eat it anymore. And humans are nothing if not slaves to instant gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    Excellent job.

I discovered this website through stumbleupon, too. I "like" every good thread on here, and all of Mark's blogs to spread the word.
    Gracias!

It's scary to think that this large of a life change was literally the result of a roll of the dice. You have to be thankful that it did lead you here, but still. Sorta gives me an ominous feeling, like there was the very likely possibility that I never would have found PB, or that I would have found it much later in my life.

Cheers to both of us

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    Gracias!

It's scary to think that this large of a life change was literally the result of a roll of the dice. You have to be thankful that it did lead you here, but still. Sorta gives me an ominous feeling, like there was the very likely possibility that I never would have found PB, or that I would have found it much later in my life.

Cheers to both of us
    Indeed.

I have no doubt that if it wasn't for low carbing my health would be in a pretty bad way. I have also healed my kidneys through alternative practices, which I came across through a series of coincidences.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

I'll have to send a thank you letter to whoever runs StumbleUpon!

I just discovered another plus to my 2 weeks of PB. I decided to shave my beard in the shower this evening. I figured my new, clear, healthy skin didn't need a cover anymore. After I was done, I took a look at myself and realized my slight double-chin was missing.

The double chin was my most hated feature about my face and it's GONE in two weeks. I'm loving this more and more. Ha!

So it's been over a month now. Richard over at freetheanimal.com did a quick write-up of my one month progress. Figured I would post it here as a sort of check-in

http://freetheanimal.com/2010/11/rea...th-can-do.html

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! As a fellow Free The Animaler, I applaud you. ha ha ha

(I'm one of the guys under the "You might also like" at the bottom of your story)

Any progress pics share?

I have been taking progress pictures. Two sets so far. I think I'll be far along enough to post them in another month I want to make sure I'm presentable enough to wow people in the Before & After Pics thread.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    True, but there's nothing wrong with being a work in progress, and sometimes having the second picture out there helps motivate you to make sure the next one is better. That's kind of what I did (am doing) in that thread.

PrimalCon New York
    I have been comparing my progress pictures side-by-side. The results are subtle but very encouraging. I keep looking at my own face from a month ago. I don't know what it is, there's just something about it that looks unhealthy. Maybe I just had a heavier face, or I wasn't as tan; but my face just looks better now. Good thing, it's what people usually look at when they talk to me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast