Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am I so tired? page

BethanyK is offline Senior Member

Why am I so tired?

Primal Fuel
    Is it something I'm eating? This weekend we had pizza for my son's birthday and we made a grain-free, gluten-free, honey sweetened chocolate cake. I expected to feel off from the pizza (and I did yesterday), but felt ok by yesterday afternoon.

Sunday, I had coffee and cream, then we went out for the pizza for lunch, where I had a huge salad. We had cake but I skipped dinner otherwise.

Yesterday, I had eggs scrambled with a little sausage, bell pepper and onion, small slice of the cake, "portuguese" roast and acorn squash. Plus my usual coffee and cream (2-3 cups).

Today, I've had my coffee and cream (2 cups), sausage and 2 eggs, leftover roast and squash and an apple, so far. Oh, and a spoonful of mac and cheese :P (yuck).

Any ideas?

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Carb flu
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    Crashing after a temporary sugar high from the cake maybe?
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been primal? Good chance it's 'carb flu'.

Mikkijoe is offline Junior Member
    3 days of staying clean and you should feel better. Are you keeping track of how much you are eating carb wise? Calorie wise? It would be worth the time seeing how you are doing, then you can clearly see that you are low in one area, or high in another. Then the power is in your hand, you are in control and you can chose to make the adjustments as needed, or to ride it out
    Even a small cookie will make me feel like crap for 2-3 days. So not worth it any more.

batty is offline Senior Member
    those 'cheats' stay with you longer than you think. last time i went on a birthday cake bender, it took upwards of 4-5 days before i felt better.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Omphaloskeptical is offline Junior Member
    Hmm...maybe, because your blood sugar is all out of whack from your inconsistency?.... You had cake, but skipped DINNER? You might also want to consider the possibility that caffeine may play a part (that is, along with the grains and sugars - IMHO, overdoing it and a bit beyond the "20%").

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Honestly your ratio of good food:bad food here is pretty off. Perhaps it was just a bad weekend food-wise, but I'm sure that you'll feel better once you increase the primal-friendly foods and keep gluten far away.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Omphaloskeptical View Post
    Hmm...maybe, because your blood sugar is all out of whack from your inconsistency?.... You had cake, but skipped DINNER? You might also want to consider the possibility that caffeine may play a part (that is, along with the grains and sugars - IMHO, overdoing it and a bit beyond the "20%").
    +1!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Too many cheats is the answer.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah pretty much what the others said... you are eating a lot of crap there and going half-primal half-crap is not going to do anything to make you feel better.

What kind of dressing was on your salad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast