Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancer and Paleo page

cbelling is offline Junior Member

Cancer and Paleo

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I'm looking for any literature that may support that going to a Paleo/Primal lifestyle will help the fight/prevention against cancer. Any and all links are welcome.

Thanks.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    You would probably have the most success focusing on individual aspects of the paleo/primal lifestyle, since there are very few studies on this way of eating. Specifically, I would look for information on things like vegetable consumption, industrial oils, sugar, and hormones in conventionally produced meat.

Just to get you started, Richard Nikoley of Free the Animal had a recent post on sugar and cancer, including links to a number of studies: http://freetheanimal.com/2010/10/kee...ar-vegans.html

If you or someone you love is fighting cancer, I wish you the best for a healthy and speedy recovery.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Here's a couple of articles that I had saved to forward to family members:

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...662484,00.html

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/w...0406-rpen.html

From Second-Opinions (search results):
    http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cancer_index.html
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

periquin is offline Senior Member
    A man named Doug Kaufmann has been preaching for nearly 40 years that cancer often has a fungal connection. Medical journals admit that very often it is not possible to distinguish cancer from fungal infestation. Numerous papers from Johns Hopkins, Harvard, etc have been saying this since the 40's but physicians tend to avoid their own research. Cancer is big money.

What does that have to do with the primal/cancer question?

Kaufmann's plan, which entails diet and frequent but light exercise, has been touted to have had some good effect on certain cancer problems. His diet is under the umbrella that includes paleo and primal. Basically, no sugar, no grains, no starches, limited fruit, pastured rather that grain fed meat, using the 'right' oils, and all round proper nutrition. Does all that sound familiar?

The lack of sugar--either directly or indirectly via carbohydrates (veg's and fruits) is what kills the fungus. If the cancer really is fungus, well, then it kills the cancer too.

The rule for all disease is F U P O fungus until proven otherwise.

Check 'knowthecause.com' or find books by Kaufmann in the library.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

Grizz is offline Banned
    Cbelling,
    Dr. Davis is not afraid of calling a spade a spade, I love his honest NO BS discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Davis
    Visceral fat, on the other hand, is metabolically active. It produces large quantities of inflammatory signals ("cytokines"), such as various interleukins, leptin, and tumor necrosis factor, that can trigger inflammatory responses in other parts of the body. Visceral fat also oddly fails to produce the protective cytokine, adiponectin, that protects us from diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
    It follows logically that foods that increase blood glucose the most will thereby trigger the greatest increase in visceral fat. Eggs don't lead to visceral fat, nor do salmon, olive oil, beef, broccoli, or almonds. But wheat, cornstarch, potato starch, rice starch, tapioca starch, and sugars will all trigger glucose-insulin that leads to visceral fat accumulation.
    Fructose is also an extravagant trigger of visceral fat. Fructose is found in sucrose (50% fructose), high-fructose corn syrup, agave syrup, maple syrup, and honey.
    Increased visceral fat can be suggested by increased waist circumference. The inflammatory hotbed created by excess visceral fat has therefore been associated with increased likelihood of heart attack, cardiovascular mortality, diabetes, cancer, and total mortality.

Green vegetables are the best foods on earth. They reduce risk for cancer, diabetes, bone disease, and coronary heart disease.

Recall that the innocent appearing wheat belly is actually a hotbed of inflammatory activity beneath the surface. The visceral fat of the wheat belly, i.e., fat kidneys, fat liver, fat intestines, fat pancreas, produces abnormal inflammatory signals, such as various interleukins, tumor necrosis factor, and leptin. These are the inflammatory signals that create insulin resistance and diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and cancer.

Visceral fat also, oddly, triggers estrogen release. Estrogen triggers growth of breast tissue. That's why females with wheat bellies have up to four-fold (400%) greater likelihood of breast cancer.

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search?q=cancer
    Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-06-2010 at 01:26 PM.

EwaB is offline Junior Member
    http://www.blackbirdclinic.com/artic...finedCarbs.pdf
    also google for wurzburg cancer studies. They actually had terminal cancer patients go on a very strict low carb diet. Results were very encouraging.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I wholeheartedly second this recommendation! I read the book and loved it. Nothing he says really contradicts Paleo, except that he suggests lean meats and whole grains, but if I remember correctly he never addresses why whole grains or lean meats are good for fighting cancer. He does mention how refined grains and sugars are bad, though, and I think he just suggests whole grains because it's "common knowledge" that they're good for you.

He also talks a lot about anti inflammatory foods, and how good omega 3's are, and these aspects are really played up in the paleo/primal community. It's an easy read and I think falls in line with primal thinking!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Try a board search. I've posted some good information.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    A man named Doug Kaufmann has been preaching for nearly 40 years that cancer often has a fungal connection. Medical journals admit that very often it is not possible to distinguish cancer from fungal infestation. Numerous papers from Johns Hopkins, Harvard, etc have been saying this since the 40's but physicians tend to avoid their own research. Cancer is big money.

What does that have to do with the primal/cancer question?

Kaufmann's plan, which entails diet and frequent but light exercise, has been touted to have had some good effect on certain cancer problems. His diet is under the umbrella that includes paleo and primal. Basically, no sugar, no grains, no starches, limited fruit, pastured rather that grain fed meat, using the 'right' oils, and all round proper nutrition. Does all that sound familiar?

The lack of sugar--either directly or indirectly via carbohydrates (veg's and fruits) is what kills the fungus. If the cancer really is fungus, well, then it kills the cancer too.

The rule for all disease is F U P O fungus until proven otherwise.

Check 'knowthecause.com' or find books by Kaufmann in the library.
    Very curious. Do you mean things like fungal infections? Like Athlete's foot and ring worm?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast