Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quirky exercises page

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member

Quirky exercises

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just curious if anyone had a different or unique exercise they've created or tried out. I have a pull-up bar that fits in the bathroom doorway and I do probably 30-50 pull-ups a day. As we all know they can get pretty boring and I am need of a major change to keep up the motivation.

What I have been doing is this to target different areas of the back and incorporate more muscle groups.

3-5 regular pull-ups.
    Bring in your feet between your arms. Your back should be parallel to the floor with your feet above your hands. Now do 2-3 pull-ups this way.
    Slowly rotate your feet back to their orginal position with the emphasis on contracting the abdominal muscle and repeat. This constitutes one set. I try to do 4-5 sets than move on to the next exercise.

Now with these it's easy to just do the back and forth rotation or upside down pull-ups (really orginal- of course I am sure they already have a name but are new to me). But does anyone have something whether it be push-ups, squats or whatever they they feel could help others?
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious what you mean exactly by "feet above your hands." Outside of that, what I'm visualizing is that you're pretty much doing tuck front lever pull-ups.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    I have a bunch of videos on YouTube, some of which may be quirky. http://www.youtube.com/user/karlmacphee

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I'm curious what you mean exactly by "feet above your hands." Outside of that, what I'm visualizing is that you're pretty much doing tuck front lever pull-ups.
    It's always hard to eaxplain these things. What I mean by feet above the hands is I don't hold them out in front of me like the videos that were posted (trying to fix a bad back). I pull my feet and legs between my hands almost as if I am in the fetal position and do pull ups then return to the normal pull-up position. If I were to continue my rotation from this point I would do a flip. My feet almost hit the ceiling when I do pull ups in other words.
    Last edited by AppalachianMatt; 10-05-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

I'll do my best to post a video tomorrow of what I mean.

Mary Pickford

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Ah, so you're more in an inverted hang (but tucked) than a lever.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Sure I suppose. I have no knowledge of gymnast type workout and thought I was being creative for once. So do you have any crazy workouts involving bodyweights? I am starting a 6 week program with no weights tomorrow to see what results I can get.

Mary Pickford

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I do kegels while I'm doing pullups.

Thats pretty interesting but I don't think I could actually do those but you hit the nail on the head with quirkiness and pretty impressive as well.

Mary Pickford

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I saw a trainer at my gym doing his own workout on his own time and he was doing burpee pullups. Jump-down squat into plank and push up, then jump up, grab the bar and do a pull-up. It was sick (and I mean that in a good way).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast