Thread: Lipidophobia page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

Lipidophobia

Primal Fuel
    Is something I've just invented because I suffer from it.

1) I know, as do we all, that 1g fat = 9kcals. Now, although I am NOT BMI obese, I am BF%age obese - and I don't know what the hell my body's burning for fuel (maybe it's not burning anything, that's why I feel like shit all the time!) because it sure as hell ain't carbs!

2) Because of the knowledge of the above, I am still a fat bitch - and scared of gaining scale weight. (I did mention I was battling an ED, didn't I...?)

This is probably why I'm in the mess I'm in now (that and not being allowed in the kitchen. That's 2 days running I've not been able to eat until they've gone to bed!)

I've just been reading Richards's Mastering Leptin - and I'm afraid it's about a clear as pig-shit! Okay, I understand that leptin controls your fat levels or sommat (have I got that right)? But that's about it.

I KNOW my diet's poor. I know I've not really eaten properly for about 4 days now - and that's Not Good. I'm alone for the next week, can any one help me sort this out...?

Thank you

Sarah
    La tristesse durera toujours...

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    Sarah,

Fear of eating fat is something a lot of us have in common. We've all been told for so long to fear it, but natural fats are truly good for you when you're losing weight. Without fat, you cannot absorb vitamin D properly. Lowered Vitamin D levels make it very hard to lose weight. Please believe me: some fats are healthful and support weight loss.

From personal experience, I did seem to have *slightly* better luck with my weight loss when I started using 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil as part of my daily calories (around 1250ish was right for me).

Best to you.

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    V

You really have to stop over-thinking this. Stick to the basics. Go to page 247 of the PB and re-read it again and again and again. Then implement each of the three steps one at a time and stop second-guessing yourself. I understand that is difficult for you. I have an employee with AS and this is the same sort of message I give to him on a regular basis. If I don't he over-thinks so much he gets 'paralysis by analysis' which is what you seem to have.

So instead of reading new stuff which may confuse on a daily basis, keep to the basics and just keep reading page 247.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Violet, the only way to do it is to do it. It means trusting that Mark knows what he's talking about, and that the people here on the MDA forums do, too.

You are a size 2! Maybe a size 4, tops. Do you understand that that means you are SKINNY?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Sarah, although 1g of fat = 9kcal in the bomb calorimeter it doesn't mean that it = 9kcal in the human organism. The body will use the calories from fat, protein and carbohydrates to sustain it's most important functions, and then it will distribute the remaining calories for storage and energy. Counting calories is what gets most people into the trouble that you are describing, and I agree with the others, finding some way to move past the guilt and worry is something that will be a life saver for you. Have you read the book "Women, Food and God". It tackles many of the things that you have been describing in your posts, and I think it may help shed some light on the emotional side of things for you.

Hannah200 is offline Junior Member
    A UK size 4 is the US size 0 that got so much attention recently. I really don't think you're a 'fat bitch'. Too skinny in my opinion.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmacphee View Post
    Sarah, although 1g of fat = 9kcal in the bomb calorimeter it doesn't mean that it = 9kcal in the human organism. The body will use the calories from fat, protein and carbohydrates to sustain it's most important functions, and then it will distribute the remaining calories for storage and energy. Counting calories is what gets most people into the trouble that you are describing, and I agree with the others, finding some way to move past the guilt and worry is something that will be a life saver for you. Have you read the book "Women, Food and God". It tackles many of the things that you have been describing in your posts, and I think it may help shed some light on the emotional side of things for you.
    I had thought about reading this and then forgot with all the other books I have in line. Thanks for reminding me!

S_V, you might want to look into that book. It's Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth. It was so popular in the U.S. that none of the book stores had it in stock for months after it was released. It helps women see that they don't have to have an antagonistic relationship with food or with their bodies.