Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (beachrat) page 9

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Things still going well, although I need to add in regular exercise.

Broccoli salad yesterday and today, with not enough bacon. So I added bacon-wrapped dates into the mix today.

Tried to make a quick meatloaf but it turned out... weird. I was out of carrots, used some broccoli. Hey, don't judge. I needed... still need... to use it up. Then, too much onion, and only one egg. One loaf fell apart, the other held together... but the first loaf in crumbles just tasted weird. I might have defrosted the meat too long ago.

I have the constant traveler's iron gut so I'll eat it anyway, eventually. But meh.

Going to a dinner tomorrow evening where there will be roast, but I offered to bring something and she said mashed potatoes. Hmm. Can one buy that at a deli somewhere? I don't want to spend hours on something I won't eat, although Of Course I want to make something nice for the other guests. I know some primals eat potatoes so I'll look for some recipes around the site. Or maybe I'll make instant.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

The hostess called me yesterday morning in horror that she had asked me to bring potatoes when I don't eat them, so I realized that I was being a jerk about it (in my head). Made unprimal potatoes and a side of cauliflower fauxtatoes, but ended up just taking the regular potatoes. Everyone said they were delicious, and I used my stick blender which reminded me of its existence and that I should use it more often!

A good time had by all. I decided to forego the red wine my friend had brought, so it ended up unopened, and we had a very pleasant time chatting until late. One couple had brought their small child (4 years old) who although bored behaved *extremely* well even sitting all alone at the adult table. Yes, they can be trained, people. You just have to work at it.

Tomato/basil/mozzarella salad, roast, and asparagus with fruit (and cookies for the heathens) for dessert. Yum.
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.

It's weird, but when I go to bed later than I'd like, I seem to wake up earlier. When I go to bed on a better (earlier) schedule, I sleep later in the morning, for a much longer rest overall.

So, yeah, I got to bed a little later than usual last night, but I just remembered that I went to bed really late Saturday night, so as usual I find I pay longer than expected for getting off track.

Still doing pretty well on the food aspect, and quite poorly on the exercise track. Let's see how this week goes!

Got some bad milk that seems to have damaged my kefir grains. Very very very sad.

But maybe it's a sign I should cut out all dairy, after all... And I did some very small exercises out of PBF this morning.

Cooked lamb and did my exercises today, too. Lamb is probably my favorite meat nowadays, and so easy to make delicious. This leg I rubbed with garlic and pepper, and roasted over some cauliflower. I only had a little of the lamb because it would keep better than the veg, which was AWESOME.

Third day in a row doing my little exercises.

Actually getting a little work done today.

Need to stand up more while I have the chance.

I had some more cauliflower and lamb this morning and although it's only 2:00 I'm hungry again. I really want to drop some pounds this month, as well as the other benefits of focusing with my 30 days of no nonsense, so I'm going to try to hold off until I get through at least one more of these recordings. Boring, brutal, but has to be done. I don't think I'll take another contract like this one -- the field interviewer is not good (reporter not social scientist) and there's a whole lotta chaff for not much wheat. And I don't even eat wheat!

More exercise this AM, really good start to the day work-wise. Man, I love lamb.

Also enjoyed this thread: Dudecipes

So, I have done exercises every day and hope to keep this up. They're just the simple bodyweight starter exercises from PBF, but that's the beauty of it for me. Right now I am just trying to get the routine into my routine, so to speak. Since I am not doing much, it doesn't take long, I don't have to change clothes or shower afterwards, and yesterday when I was out of my routine but remembered the exercises midday, I could do them anyway. Even if I remembered them at night I wouldn't worry about "exercising" so late at night that it might interfere with my sleep. So, that's the way I'm doing it for now, and writing it in a notebook every day too. We shall see.

Foodwise, August is going well. I probably should have skipped dinner last night, since I never really got that hungry, but I had a few mouthfuls of pork, a tin of sardines with horseradish mustard, and 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate. I'd had a little kefir earlier, not much to speak of. By the way, what kind of bonkers people think boneless skinless sardines are a good idea? Thanks for taking all of the good stuff out, Bumble Bee. Idjits.

I'm at my dad's for the weekend since it's his 85th birthday on Sunday, but it's usually not a big deal to stay on track here. I wish he'd give grains and sugar the boot but although he thinks it's interesting and admirable what I've managed to do, he loves toast and biscuits and grits and crackers. It's a topic of discussion but he's not going to change quickly, and I try not to be a pest.

Interesting. Went to a memorial service with my dad today, and at first totally ignored the table groaning with food. However, he wanted to go through so I joined him, and discovered roast beef, fresh veg, and chunked pineapple. Yum.

Haven't done exercises yet today but so far have done them every day since I started. Best effort so far, already, but intending to keep it up until I at least get off stage one on a few of the five movements! Yes, I am that pathetic.

PrimalCon New York
    Not the best weekend. There was a big reunion thing... I stuck to seltzer Friday night, shrimp and red wine Saturday night. But short on sleep, skipped exercise, and after church today there was a big homecoming lunch. And I had ice cream and chocolate for dessert. Good ice cream, from a local dairy, but still.

Ah well. September should be a 30DONN too.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast