Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Criticisms of Primal/Paleo Lifestyle? page 9

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    wow...necroing a 3 year old thread for your first troll post! bravo....

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that sort of dedication should maybe be rewarded

give 'em a dollar
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I am immediately suspicious of anyone who proclaims that a diet based almost exclusively on meat, fish, vegetables and fruit can be bad for you.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Re: "A paleo lifestyle is not sustainable on a global scale, given our overpopulated world."

Q: How do you over quickly populate the city with pigeons? (and have bird crap everywhere)
    A: Allow people to artificially feed them with grains and bread (animals populate/multiply to the available feed - and cause environmental imbalances if done artificially like this)

Q: How do you quickly over populate the world with people (over a few generations) ???? - Any guesses???

Perhaps grain is the cause of the problem, NOT the answer to the problem.

Even if we do not know entirely what a paleolithic diet contained and even if it varied for many humans globally, there is enough research and evidence to show that after the introduction of agriculture (grains and lots of beans D: ) and society, we deffinately became weaker and had stunted growth.
    Not to mention, we went from living with the land to living against it which is in my opinion the worst mistake made ever.
    I believe modern society and way of life will eventually collapse because it is in no way sustainable.

capetowndave is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I've been eating a paleo diet for approximately 3 years now and I'm sure like many of you do, I am always surfing the net looking for more info on diet/nutrition and opposing views / research to help refine my own thoughts on what works best. Having at one point been a strict vegetarian and now made a complete turn around, I try not to hold onto any dietary belief to firmly.

That being said, I recently came across the following site and some interesting posts/videos made on there addressing a link between leaky gut and meat/ saturated fat consumption. The findings seem to be a heavy criticism of the paleo diet and I'd appreciate any insight/comment other members may have.

The Leaky Gut Theory of Why Animal Products Cause Inflammation | NutritionFacts.org

If this has already been addressed previously, my apologies.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    ^Vegan propaganda. Please read this comment (right on that site) from prominent poster "Stabby the Raccoon":

The notion that dietary fat causes endothelial dysfunction is only a conditional truth, not a necessary one.

Most people have poor lipid metabolism. Maybe if you don't have poor lipid metabolism you don't get lipotoxicity of the endothelium when you eat fat, and the fact that low carbohydrate diets don't cause endothelial damage supports that because they improve lipid metabolism. 2011 August : Johns Hopkins University – The Gazette...

But say you do have poor lipid metabolism and don't want to eat low carb or low fat? Are you screwed until you improve your lipid metabolism? Not really, it looks like having enough nitric oxide around to help properly dilate the blood vessels and having high levels of endogenous and exogenous antioxidants totally prevents this phenomenon, rendering it a total moot point.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu...

Also omega-3 will automatically improve fatty acid oxidation http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu... probably by enhancing PPAR activity.

So basically everything prevents lipids from damaging the arteries. If your arteries don`t function properly and can't respond to changes in the contents of circulation than you may have a problem. I can't stress enough the notion of context. Some nutrients prevent damage to the body, and some of them do it by helping the body transport other nutrients safely. You always want to go look for things that falsify your hypothesis and show that a nutrient is not harmful under certain circumstances, especially circumstances that we should be obtaining anyway like exercising, eating foods with antioxidants, getting enough nitric oxide precursors, etc.

As for endotoxemia, it is true that dietary fat can potentially cause leaky gut, and so can glucose (I'm not seeing any suggestions to stop eating whole wheat bread though...) but orange juice doesn't. Why? The researchers have figures this out, during their digestion macronutrients produce oxidative stress which damages the gut lining, and so orange juice with its high concentration of flavanoids will prevent this and then some. Does that mean switch your fat and bread to orange juice only? Well no, you could have all 3 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu... Orange juice, a piece of toast, and eggs for breakfast, without endotoxemia? Gasp!

You could easily find this paper in the side bar on pubmed where the paper in the video was taken from. Imagine that! It looks like it is desirable to have something rich in antioxidants during a meal, and everyone should be doing this, so it becomes a moot point whether or not glucose of fat will cause leaky gut by themselves. It's easily preventable, and everyone who has a good diet will be unscathed by glucose and fat. Spices, vegetables, fruits, all of that can be expected to protect the gut lining from normal damage during a meal.

One tip that I picked up for going to parties where they serve food without antioxidants is to carry some grape seed extract or resveratrol in my pocket http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu...

I am glad to have been able to save you all from a fat-less, glucose-without-antioxidant-less existence.

> And Stabby Drops the mic.... PEACE!

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    wow...necroing a 3 year old thread for your first troll post! bravo....
    This means that they used the search function instead of creating a new thread. If they had created a new thread it would have been "First post is a repost! Wow!" or something to that effect. Catch 22.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Too high in PUFAs; vegetables not all that.

AureliaWaterman is offline Junior Member
    drink beer and eat plenty of red meat you would be rewarded with high blood pressure and cholestrol problems
    Last edited by AureliaWaterman; 05-21-2013 at 12:33 AM.
    click here >>> REI Coupon Code

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast