Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Criticisms of Primal/Paleo Lifestyle? page 11

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well thats quite a silly statement, especially when the polar opposite is just as true of an assumption.....

Eating low fat can make a person malnourished, unless they consume offal and bone broth on a regular basis.
    I'm quoting Paul Jaminet almost verbatim from an email I received.

I never said anything about low-fat.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I'm quoting Paul Jaminet almost verbatim from an email I received.

I never said anything about low-fat.
    I was just making a point.....

Point is you could replace "high fat" in that sentence with "low fat" or "moderate fat" and still state that without offal and bone-broth you could be malnourished. Just saying. I really don't know what context Paul was talking in, but I don't buy anything just cause someone said it in an e-mail.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I have been called unhealthy because I don't eat grains. Never understood that one.

Bet
    Bet is offline Junior Member
    I'm fairly new to Paleo. I've tried low carb before and always did well, but it was unsustainable. I am a lifelong IBS sufferer, and a Hashi's patient. I thought I was eating 'healthy' before. Whole grain, low fat lots of fruit and veggies. Well, I wound up in the hospital with undiagnosed stomach problems ($30K and they can't figure it out?). That spurred me to make a big change. I discovered SCD and Chris Kresser and while trying to just get better, I would up 'curing' my IBS and GERD. I will never go back to eating as I did.

I can see some of the criticism of Paleo. I always say I'm on a Whole Food or modified Paleo (there are a lot of foods I can't eat because of IBS) so people are more accepting of my diet because it's for health. And you know what, I'm lucky. If I wasn't that sick, I wouldn't have made the change. I wouldn't have known what crap I was eating when I thought I was eating healthy.

Since then, I guess I've been come a sort of 'Born Again' Paleo. And that can be very annoying. People are just very resistant to change. They don't want to be forced to give up donuts or pasta, and they are afraid that if they try it, they may have to. They don't want to hear that HFCS is in everything and that it's bad for you. They don't want to hear that what they are eating is making them sick and just taking a pill isn't really going to solve anything. So they have to fall back on the CW that grains are good and fat is bad. It's their life.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My mom recently lectured me about why I should not give up all beans just because I'm allergic to soybeans. She said they were a good source a protein without the fat. I'll take a steak, please.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011