Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hungry immediately after dinner?? page

W1ld is offline Junior Member

Hungry immediately after dinner??

Shop Now
    Grokstars - the past week or two have thrown me for a loop. I have been able to completely quell most hunger for food (I typically eat 3-4x a day, usually before I get very hungry/hungry at all), except for immediately (30 min - 1 hr) following dinner. I've tried adding more fat, or more veggies (not usually both, though), and nothing seems to do the trick. For a few days I legitimized the feeling of hunger, and ate. Lately though I've had the notion that they're false signals, sent for who knows what reason, and been ignoring them; having a glass of water or a cup of green tea to further assist me.

It's not like living Primal is new to me! I've been following the Paleo lifestyle for months now! Any idea what it could be?

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    I know a lot of people who literally can't stop the need to eat without something sweet... try a piece of fruit or some dark chocolate.

Also, try brushing your teeth!
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

W1ld is offline Junior Member
    Ooh, hadn't tried that. Thanks!

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I went through a phase where right after dinner...I was starving for something sweet, just like Lodini said. Sometimes I fried up a peach in hwc and cinnamon, other times I just ate a banana and almond butter. Sometimes I actually made a primal dessert (like custard). In any case--I'm not like that now so maybe it's just a phase!

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I'm never like that after lunch, probably because I have things to do right away, pretty much and I get involved in them and forget about eating. But sometimes I look for something sweet after dinner, when I'm just relaxing anyway, and am winding down for bed. I can overcome it if I want to. It isn't as bad as before I went primal.

The funny thing is that now the 85 percent chocolate tastes sweeter to me than milk chocolate did in the old days.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    Um, are you a kid? I mean, my boys are in their twenties now and their appetites have truly dimished. When they were playing football in high school, they were absolutely insatiable.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    This usually happens to me when I've eaten too many carbs at one sitting.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Um, are you a kid? I mean, my boys are in their twenties now and their appetites have truly dimished. When they were playing football in high school, they were absolutely insatiable.
    I think you just described me, but backwards. In high school I was a fatass but never really had the "teenage vacuum" thing going on.

Now, I'm 25 and crossfit -hard- almost every day and I am never NOT hungry. I eat dinner and an hour later I'm hungry again without fail.

I AM THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN RIVVIN

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Any chance you recently switched eating times? Ghrelin becomes entrained to make you hungry at common eating times.

So if you eat at 6pm for 3 weeks, decide to switch to an earlier time, you'll still get hungry around 6

Any chance you could post up what you're usually eating at 6pm? I'd try adding some type of carb in and see if that gets rid of the hunger. It doesn't have to be a sweet taste.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I think you just described me, but backwards. In high school I was a fatass but never really had the "teenage vacuum" thing going on.

Now, I'm 25 and crossfit -hard- almost every day and I am never NOT hungry. I eat dinner and an hour later I'm hungry again without fail.

I AM THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN RIVVIN
    This. I'm 18, used to play football, and I'm starting on paleo, and I've never been hungrier in my life. I mean, I'll eat dinner, be full, and then knock back a cup or two of nuts before I go to bed most nights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast