Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoga Recommendation? page

alydar is offline Member

Yoga Recommendation?

I would like to explore the world of yoga for the purposes of strength and flexibility but haven't a clue where to begin. I'm looking for a DVD program because having to go somewhere to do it just isn't convenient at this point in my life (sahm who homeschools 3 little ones - yikes!).

I've seen the Namaste yoga on FitTV but it never comes on at a good time and we don't have any recording technology right now so that's out.

So I'd love to hear anyone's experiences and recommendations.

Thanks!

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    My personal Favorited is Ashtanga yoga. It is super easy to do in the comfort of your own home.

Jump onto youtube and watch David Swensons series.

lbt
    lbt is offline Member
    While the P90x yoga dvd is pretty legit, it doesn't get enough stretch/flexibility that I like. But if I can't make it to the gym, that's what I do. Also, the Gaiam dvd's that you can get at Target or most places is pretty decent as well. Hope this helps!

Rina is offline Member
    my favorite is anything by shiva rea. she has alot of advanced material but i know that she has a dvd for beginners. her latest dvd, "daily energy" is great. about 5 or 7 different 20 minute routines.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I use a few different podcasts (free) from itunes for my Ashtanga practice. It takes some sifting through, but there are some great beginner videos.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    I like Rodney Yee's DVDs (he's with Gaiam) and I have a few of Shiva Rea's DVDs. I use the P90X yoga (Tony Horton), Tony's yoga one-on-one, and the P90X XStretch. But, my all time favorite, is a TV show that I used to record (and luckily have saved on my DVR) is Oxygen's Inhale by Steve Ross. Yoga to rock/blues music. It's off the air now but is supposed to come back soon.

Darlena

acupunk is offline Junior Member
    Try Kundalini Yoga its powerful

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by profdjj View Post
    But, my all time favorite, is a TV show that I used to record (and luckily have saved on my DVR) is Oxygen's Inhale by Steve Ross. Yoga to rock/blues music. It's off the air now but is supposed to come back soon.
    The Inhale series can be downloaded (google Steve Ross Inhale Yoga).

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Anything by Sara Ivanhoe is wonderful and she provides excellent instruction. I LOVE her stuff.

Eion Finn is also fabulous and you get a LOT of bang for your buck with his DVD's. He's also got several downloads available at his website http://www.blissology.com/online-studio/ Including some free MP3's if you look around.

I also like Bryan Kest, but he's a bit of an acquired taste. You can get his original three video series on a single DVD now fairly inexpensively

Rainbeau Mars has a nice series of practices that are about 35 min in length each and very good. I have all of hers and use them often. You might like these because they do have something of a strength focus (one is actually titled Pure Strength)

Personally, I HATED kundalini yoga and I suggest you find some clips before you tried it. But a lot of people think it's wonderful and the RaviAna DVDs are very very popular http://www.raviana.com/

Another one of my absolute favorites is the original MTV Yoga DVD
    Last edited by Sassy; 10-05-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here :
    http://www.bodywisdomdvds.com/categories/Yoga-DVDs/

My Favorite :
    This is an awesome Yoga and Pilates intro. It has way more yoga than the title suggests. Only $13. From a very well done series.
    http://www.bodywisdomdvds.com/produc...le-People.html
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast