Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lose weight by sleeping well, researchers say page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Shemdog:

It would be most helpful if you could explain this to my 2-yr old daughter, who has decided that I should be awake repeatedly through the night.

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    LOL.. no kidding!

This is really interesting as I'm reading a book on sleep and how important it really is in all of your metabolic processes.

And because I can't seem to get decent sleep recently. I can fall asleep fine... but then I wake up in the middle of the night often and dream constantly. I wake up feeling like i worked all night.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Sleep is necessary for anyone! Waaaaaay too many people overlook the importance of sleep. It is one of the ten laws of the primal blueprint for a very good reason!

One who is able to sleep well throughout the night and get a sufficient amount of sleep will be able to perform there absolute best in anything and stay alert throughout the day. Oh, and he or she won't need coffee in the morning
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I know I need to get more sleep, and yet I can't seem to get myself to go to bed at a decent hour. Rightfully I could go to bed right now and fall asleep without any trouble at all... and yet here I am, with the computer on my lap, not sleeping. Ugh.

Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I can guilt myself into actually taking the advice.

While I had some issues with the book, "Lights Out" (mainly that they disregard all the ambient light in the night sky), it was very informative and did make me aware of how important good sleep is.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    I can fall asleep fine... but then I wake up in the middle of the night often and dream constantly. I wake up feeling like i worked all night.
    yep same problem here. The dreaming is exhausting sometimes.!

liza is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightlystarched View Post
    While I had some issues with the book, "Lights Out" (mainly that they disregard all the ambient light in the night sky), it was very informative and did make me aware of how important good sleep is.
    I had more than "some issues" with the book. Another of the main premises/assumptions of the book seemed to be that early humans hibernated or almost hibernated for the winter. That's also not congruent with most of the research/theory I've learned.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I thought for years it would be great to hibernate... or even nearly hibernate. Where can I sign up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast