Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lose weight by sleeping well, researchers say page 2

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I know I need to get more sleep, and yet I can't seem to get myself to go to bed at a decent hour. Rightfully I could go to bed right now and fall asleep without any trouble at all... and yet here I am, with the computer on my lap, not sleeping. Ugh.

Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I can guilt myself into actually taking the advice.
    +1
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    I used to have a roommate that slept at least 10 hours every night and took at least a 3 hour nap every afternoon. I could never understand how he was both bigger and leaner than me while working out less. It's hard to believe that his laziness was actually beneficial.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightlystarched View Post
    While I had some issues with the book, "Lights Out" (mainly that they disregard all the ambient light in the night sky), it was very informative and did make me aware of how important good sleep is.
    Agreed that the book has some interesting issues. But it does have a lot of good info on what lack of sleep and too much artificial light do to our systems, which is cool. If only for getting me to really think about my sleep, and work on getting good quality and enough sleep, it's been great.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    LOL.. no kidding!

As a younger lass ( a looong, looooong time ago) my sweet spot for sleep was around 9-1/2 to 10 hours a night. And EVERYBODY kept telling me that was "too much" sleep.

Bah. I was right.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

localad is offline Senior Member
    I thought for years it would be great to hibernate
    Ultimate IF! Go to bed in October, wake up shredded in March.

best of all; no more Christmas present buying stress!
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Ryano is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by localad View Post
    Ultimate IF! Go to bed in October, wake up shredded in March.

best of all; no more Christmas present buying stress!
    I think this is a great idea and second the movement. No getting attacked by old ladies in carts, moms in minivans and grandmas in their big luxury cars who "didn't see you". Wouldn't have to fight with all the guys on Christmas eve at midnight. Just think of all the Cortisol we wouldn't have to produce.
    "It is your responsibility to control the outcome"
    "In our society, people respect weight loss. Even if you do nothing cool or interesting or memorable for the rest of your life, you'll have done that."
    "Is a brief moment on the lips, worth a long time on the hips?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12