Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, talk about an idiot... page

Isfahel is offline Senior Member

BMWRider is offline Junior Member
    You are right, fools all of them.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If this was accurate, it does go to show that it's not always about low carb or high carb, and that caloric intake does play a part. However, this is not healthy regardless.

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    When it comes to weight loss, I believe he is right, it is all about cals in, cals out. And this plays into the perpetuated the media loves to perpetuate, that being slim means one is healthy.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Hoooooooray he lost weight. But I guarentee he had to super OCD about what he was eating and in the end his body probably took some serious health hits; personally I don't have the time nor the care to constantly track my calories in and spend hours in the gym every week to fight one day of not tracking on a SAD (plus I don't have the money for all the meds/supps that go along with such a weightloss diet)

batty is offline Senior Member
    i don't think he was being an idiot, he was trying to prove a point. people are focusing too much on weight loss and eating crap to do so.

Says Haub: "I want people to look at what I'm doing and decide, is this healthy? I hope the answer encourages them to reexamine their own relationship with food."
    he is, basically, making people aware that WHAT they eat is also important, too. much like the point of MDA. see also the 20% rule. we just have different perceptions of what is in that 20%.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasam View Post
    When it comes to weight loss, I believe he is right, it is all about cals in, cals out. And this plays into the perpetuated the media loves to perpetuate, that being slim means one is healthy.
    You are correct. When it comes to weight loss it's just cals in vs cals out. People get very caught up in low fat, low carb, low GI diets being "magic", but there is only one magic: creating a deficit in cals in vs cals out. And I think that's what this professor was trying to prove: that it's not so much as what you eat as it is HOW MUCH you eat. There was a similar "experiment" done by an athlete/BB who ate nothing by McDonald's and was successful at losing fat - note, I say fat, as opposed to weight(a combination of water, fat, and muscle mass)

Now as far as nutrition goes, obviously the "junk food/fast food diet" isn't as nutritionally complete as eating a diet of whole unprocessed foods. And I think that is part of the point of the experiment. Sure you can lose weight eating junk, but is it healthy?

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Here is an interesting website that debunks (IMHO) the theory of Calories In Calories Out:

http://www.why-low-carb-diets-work.c...-counting.html

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how you guys can continue to believe that calories in/calories out is the WHOLE story after all the threads we have here on fat loss plateaus.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I don't know how you guys can continue to believe that calories in/calories out is the WHOLE story after all the threads we have here on fat loss plateaus.
    Or just after reading either the PB book or Good Calories, Bad Calories... come on, obviously calories play a part but does anyone here really think that eating 2000 calories of bread and pasta with a little meat is the same as 2000 cals of steak, eggs, fish and veggies?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast