Thread: Foods for TTC? page

primalawyer is offline Junior Member

Foods for TTC?

Primal Fuel
    My husband and I have decided to start trying to conceive. I have been primal for the past year and a half (sometimes more strictly than others)...

I chart my BBT and have long cycles with a short luteal phase.

Any particular foods I should try to eat more of or stay away from to improve my fertility/reproductive health?

I am taking a b-complex and folic acid in addition to multis and omega-3s

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalawyer View Post
    My husband and I have decided to start trying to conceive. I have been primal for the past year and a half (sometimes more strictly than others)...

Any particular foods I should try to eat more of or stay away from to improve my fertility/reproductive health?
    Chris Masterjohn has an interesting article on "Vitamins for Fetal Development: Conception to Birth". That includes some notes on preconception diets used by "healthy primitives". Fish eggs were one food used by many groups. That seems to be because of certain minerals and because of fat-soluble vitamins. (Interestingly, I've read that zoo lions often had trouble conceiving until zoologists observed that while in zoos at the time they only got muscle meat, in the wild they were observed to chew their way into kills through the side to get to the liver. Presumably, that was down to fat-soluble vitamins.)

Heres' the link:

http://www.westonaprice.org/children...-to-birth.html

Also, it's not just food. Sleep is important, too. Try googling "conception sleep". For more on the importance of sleep have a look at Lights Out:

http://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-Sle.../dp/0671038680