Thread: GLA (Evening Primrose) page

jonnasaays is offline Junior Member

GLA (Evening Primrose)

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I have been successfully following PB for a few weeks now rather strictly, and been paying very close attention to avoiding omega 6, due to inflammation concerns. However, I have been looking at GLA (Evening primrose oil) to help a bladder condition I have called Interstitial Cystitis. I do take CLO daily as well as eat all grass-fed beef, but I do not avoid fatty chicken or pork. If anyone has any input on whether or not this seems like it would be OK for omega 3 - 6 ratio, I would appreciate it. Also any experiences would be great.

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    You probably already know this but you need to avoid foods with high concentrations of oxalic acid, found especially in greens other than kale and some berries.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcom...er/oxalic.html
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

jonnasaays is offline Junior Member
    I know that is one of the many theories as to what causes/ alleviates IC. If I followed them all, I would starve to death. I do eat some spinach, but avoid most other oxolates, as they happen to not fit into my diet. Do you have IC?

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    No, but I was researching oxalic acid and greens (and planning to plant low oxalic acid greens in my garden) and came across an article on IC and its relationship to high intake of greens/other foods with OA. We eat a lot of cooked greens in my family, almost daily, so it is a subject I pay attention to. But it had never occurred to me that IC could be related.
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.