Thread: Slanker's meat page

Rafiki is offline Junior Member

Slanker's meat

Primal Fuel
    Hello all,

I was thinking about making a larger purchase of meat including chicken, beef, lamb, and pork from Slanker's. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with the Slanker's product and could tell me about it. Thanks! =)

davidtx is offline Member
    I looked a few weeks ago and could only find positive comments about Slankers. I only deferred a purchase because of cost issues. I'm getting a side of grass fed beef from a friend that owns a ranch around February. The cost processed is supposed to be around $3 a pound. I can't wait!!!

primal dream is offline Junior Member
    I used to live in TX and ordered meat monthly from Slankers through a kind of coop -- one person would go to the ranch and bring back a truckload. Then we'd get our orders when we met the truck.

The meat was great. I never had it shipped, but I don't think that would be a problem with the way they ship it.

I'm lucky to live near several suppliers of grass fed beef etc. in the northeast. If I ever had a problem getting it, I'd order from Slankers.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I get a 30 or so pound order about once a month. Beautiful meat. Great price.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Rafiki is offline Junior Member
    Awesome guys thanks for the advice. I think I will place an exploratory small order to sample everything. Then make my final decision.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    Awesome guys thanks for the advice. I think I will place an exploratory small order to sample everything. Then make my final decision.
    I can highly recommend the lamb: best I've ever had.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Esoteric Fish is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've ordered from Slanker's a number of times; recently I got 200lbs of beef from them. I'm very happy with the product and service. Easy and quick. No complaints. And, when I bought 200lbs, the meat ended up being a little under $6.00 a pound, which is pretty good, given that there are a large number of steaks and other expensive cuts of meat included.

I have noticed that the Slanker's meat tastes different than the grassfed meat I get from my local farmer's market. Different types of cows eating different types of grass really do have a different flavors. So it makes sense to buy a small sample, to make sure you like the flavor.