Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Healthy POO Thread page 2

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Queen,
    You are Terrific! Attractive, too .. . . .

Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    *Shucks*
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    ....but nothing really improved it til i had a blessed hysterectomy
    As much as I hate medical procedures, my uterus already has two strikes against it, and I always said a third strike would doom it. I'm hesitant for mostly silly reasons...my uterus did such an awesome job growing and birthing my children, and I was really hoping to eventually be an elderly cadaver with her uterus still present--almost unheard of, apparently!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    So... as long as we're on the subject, how did paleo man wipe his butt? Did he even bother?

I read a great book a few years ago called "How to Shit in the Back Woods" and it said, no, proper healthy poop doesn't need a wipe afterwards.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I get those occasionally. I go to wipe and find nothing on the paper. That's a guaranteed happy couple of hours for me afterwards. But without fail, the next one will be back to the usual -- sometimes on the same day, too. I can't ever figure out how to get those perfect poops consistently.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Queen,
    You are Terrific! Attractive, too .. . . .

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

Did anyone else chuckle that this is happening on a thread about poop?

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    All my life I've had poop problems...constant constipation and very difficult movements. I'm surprised I never ended up with any major hemorrhoids. My family, especially my dad who has had a myriad of health issues (hodgkin's disease being the first one), has always spoken openly about poop problems since they've been so prevalent. Since going (somewhat) primal, I haven't really noticed any change in my pooping patterns. I still don't poop every day (and I know that some people just don't), and it's still taking a lot of effort to complete the task.

Stealth poops...that's what I call those perfect ones that leave no evidence on you...haha!!!

Around here we celebrate every poop with a high-5. Just because it's worth celebrating.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    As much as I hate medical procedures, my uterus already has two strikes against it, and I always said a third strike would doom it. I'm hesitant for mostly silly reasons...my uterus did such an awesome job growing and birthing my children, and I was really hoping to eventually be an elderly cadaver with her uterus still present--almost unheard of, apparently!
    that's not silly, i don't think any sane person really WANTS to have surgery. I was told yrs ago that hysterectomy was the only thing that could fix me - I sought out every alternative. I didn't want to be cut. I wanted to remain whole. I went thru many drs. Finally I found one I trusted & by that point, I probably would have had surgery no matter what b/c my quality of life had really taken a downturn, but luckily it was done by 2 drs I really trusted. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel very grateful that I'm living in times where I didn't have to have a big abdominal cut & recover for 6 wks. It was much much quicker than that, only 4 wks off the bike. I was active 2 days after surgery.

It would have been nicer if there had been a non-surgical solution but life without a crippling period is wonderful.

and now -- back to poop

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    I forgot to mention that I also had a hysterectomy (TAH) because I had several fibroids and wasn't planning on reproducing anyway. It was done in Feb. of 2008 and it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm 36 now, don't have to plan my life around that monthly BS, and now I'm finally starting to get rid of the weight that has plagued me for the past 10+ years.

On the subject of poop, though, there has been a side effect from the hysterectomy: a minor rectocele. This makes it even more difficult than before to complete a bowel movement.

Sorry to the fellows for the TMI...grok on.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    On the subject of poop, though, there has been a side effect from the hysterectomy: a minor rectocele.
    Well rats, I have one of those already (four full term pregnancies will do that to you, even without the hysterectomy part). Not too happy about the possibility of it getting worse!
    Liz.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast