Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very bad fruit craving page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Hey folks, as some of you know I just came off a 22 hour fast. I had breakfast this morning at 7:30, then lunch about an hour ago at 11:30. Now I just got a really bad craving for fruits and I ate a whole mango (I started off by a little piece only) and a piece of a banana. What does this mean? Was that unhealthy/too much sugar? I never felt so good in my life lol

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

It may make you crave more. I would say, next time, TRY to force fat and protein down your gullet first and THEN see if you are still craving fruit.

Not that I am one to talk. I also ended one of my long fasts on fruit.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I wasn&#39;t planning to, but I&#39;m gonna go out for a HIIT session so I can at least make good use of the sugars. Now I don&#39;t know what I&#39;ll eat for the rest of the day since I already ruined it.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Katt is offline Senior Member

Nah. Never think of it as &#39;ruining&#39; it. Eat properly the rest of the day and do better tomorrow

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I still don&#39;t understand the rampant fruit-phobia that most of you have. As long as you&#39;re eating it after some protein and/or fat (to blunt the glycemic impact) and you&#39;re sticking within your daily carb limit, what&#39;s the problem?

To feel guilty for eating a mango is nuts!

Depends on goals, really. I know it sounds stupid to me when it comes out of my mouth, but if I have nothing but carbs for a meal (EVEN if it is in the form of fruit), it still creates an insulin response out of your body and you start to have good ol&#39; fashioned carb-cravings (it&#39;s a gateway drug, ha ha ha!).

Seriously though, I like to treat fruit like a &#39;treat&#39; or a dessert since high amounts of fat and protein are my body&#39;s utlimate fuel source. When I keep the fruit to a minimum, then I have more energy, I crave sweets/ carbs less and my exercise performance is superb! (Throw in maximized weight-loss and you have your answer!).

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

But I already qualified the fruit consumption by saying to ingest it AFTER a meal AND while sticking to your individual carb limit.

Personally, I have more energy when I eat fruit, and my workouts are better. (Plus, I&#39;m not trying to lose weight.)

Right. Then we agree.

I was basing his post on the fact that he came off of a long fast on &#39;purely&#39; fruit. But I think I was wrong now that I look at the OP again.

ohiolopez is offline Junior Member

Raphael S.

Yesterday, was not a good day for me in regards to carbs, I had about 170 grams of carbs from pizza and cookies but that was yesterday and I am done with it. Today i already had a good breakfast. Our bodies are very complicated and trying to figure all these signals are beyond my scope. Enjoy the mango and keep being proud of what you are doing.

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

dragonmama: I think any degree of fruit-phobia in this crowd is due to the fructose, given the more recent research in terms of how it affects insulin. I know that if I eat any fruit again it&#39;ll be the lowest fructose content/glycemic load possible (just like any veggies I eat will be the ones with the least insoluble fiber).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast