Thread: My knee seems to be better, so... page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

...I'm wondering if I can start doing squats and stuff again (I'll start out light). It hurt so bad when I tweaked it last Thursday, I really freaked out. But the swelling is gone; I've been doing a lot of gentle long walks with it wrapped, and I think it's genuinely healed up.

The initial MCL tear took over a month to heal in a brace...anybody else notice more rapid healing with PB?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Well, I don't damage myself (except ramming my bare toes into things) so I can't comment on healing on PB.

BUT I know enough that you should not push things. A lot out there lately about all that "push through the pain" after injuries just hurts us more.

Heal!

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Not sure that is enough time to heal. Try doing some squats with no weights and if you feel OK then consider adding weight, but I would be cautious.

I like doing 80/20 speed squats. You don't use any weights and you put 80% of your weight on one leg and 20 on the other. Squat down and pop up again quickly and repeat that motion for 30 reps, then switch legs. I often get airborne for the last 15 reps. It is a great exercise and puts little strain on your knees.