Thread: HELP: Non or low egg recipes that are filling page

quotidianlight is offline Junior Member

HELP: Non or low egg recipes that are filling

Shop Now
    My local farms chickens didn't lay enough eggs this week and I really don't want to hit the store and get factory eggs. My twins are 13 and at this point are bottomless pits. We usually go through 6 dozen eggs a week and this week we only have 2 dozen eggs. Do you have any FILLING non egg or low egg breakfast ideas? Yogurt and fruit just isn't enough, they'd eat a gallon each and come back for more.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Factory farmed eggs aren't exactly poisonous. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. Buy the eggs.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Factory farmed eggs aren't exactly poisonous. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. Buy the eggs.
    Ditto. Also, my local store carries 30% sour cream by a local dairy, so no frankengredients in it, just cream and bacterial culture. I could just eat a tub of that on its own, it is so gorgeous. Maybe get some of that?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quotidianlight View Post
    My local farms chickens didn't lay enough eggs this week
    Keep in mind that due to the time of year, the chickens will probably be consistently laying a lot less and eventually not at all unless they are getting supplemental light.

What about meat?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Keep in mind that due to the time of year, the chickens will probably be consistently laying a lot less and eventually not at all unless they are getting supplemental light.

What about meat?
    Exactly, eggs are going to be fewer, from farther and more expensive soon. I'm trying to think of meat based breakfasts and some ideas with butters etc but I don't really eat that much in the am so I'm drawing a blank. I give the kids a half pound hamburger each and my son says, "still hungry""

I understand but factory eggs taste nasty at this point and getting to whole foods for free range eggs weekly without a car is difficult. (I get most of my food through CSA's since I don't have a car) So I'd like to use fewer eggs in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Ditto. Also, my local store carries 30% sour cream by a local dairy, so no frankengredients in it, just cream and bacterial culture. I could just eat a tub of that on its own, it is so gorgeous. Maybe get some of that?
    Thank you, that sounds like something i could make for a good price too. Thanks!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quotidianlight View Post
    I'm trying to think of meat based breakfasts and some ideas with butters etc but I don't really eat that much in the am so I'm drawing a blank. I give the kids a half pound hamburger each and my son says, "still hungry""
    I'd add in some starches....potato, sweet potato, winter squash.

Also, I don't think about 'breakfast' food. My breakfast looks just like lunch or dinner. In fact it often is leftovers from dinner.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order