Thread: Cleaned the pantry and freezer out... page

momofredheads is offline Senior Member

Cleaned the pantry and freezer out...

Primal Fuel
    That was exhilirating!! I bagged up what I won't be using anymore and threw out stuff that just should be. My whole family isn't primal...but since I cook...they don't have much of a choice (I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and the husband) My pantry is empty...some cans of olives, some cans of tomatoes, and that is about it. Same with the fridge and freezer...just meat and veggies, fresh and frozen and of course farm fresh eggs by the 3 dozen ..who needs a bigger fridge when you eliminate all that crap out of there. Just had to share how clean it feels!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Grizz is offline Banned
    Congratulations and the BEST of health to you ! ! Now the ROMANCE will blossom !

My wife is doing much better than I am. She has dropped from 175 lbs to 133 and now weighs the same as in 1970. Her Blood pressure is now down to a 40 year low, and she is FIT and STRONG. I need to lose 30 lbs of belly fat and it is coming off at about 1 to 2 lbs a week.

PB is a WONDERFUL diet !

Best to all,
    Grizz

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Great job! Good luck to you and your family. It's good to be the one with power

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Woohoo! Cathartic, ain't it? Have fun!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Nice!

I never did do that. We started eating primal in August 2009, and moved across the country in July 2010. We still have the same boxes of pasta that we had then. I suppose I could give them to a neighbor or something....rofl.

tmac10 is offline Member
    isn't it awesome! i made the mistake of getting rid of everything & then having nothing...ended up "stocking up" this past grocery visit and spent a whopping $300 but i figure it is worth it & i won't make the mistake of getting soo low next time. lots of key things i've found is its good to have frozen veggies and frozen protein on hand at all time. canned tuna/chicken are great too as well as dried fruits & nuts! i got a big bag of pre-cooked shrimp at whole foods which is great to let thaw over night and throw on top of a salad and they also have great frozen brussel sprouts and frozen tri-color peppers which are awesome to saute with some chicken sausages! & then of course i keep staples around like eggs, cottage cheese, unsweet tea, lemons, etc!
    My Primal Journey

"success is determined by
    how you handle setbacks" - lululemon

Weekly Weigh In :
    10/1/10 SW: 165.8

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    LOL Grizz that was cute!! That is fantastic about your wife and you!!

Roberta yes it is nice to be the one in control Dinner was interesting for the kids LOL but they lived and ate.

naiadknight....extremely cathartic!

NutMeg that is funny about the pasta....get some string out and have the kids decorate the noodles to make necklaces

tmac10 thanks those were some good suggestions!! I have to admit I am a bit of meat hoarder...so the chest freezer is stocked with a lot of beef, chicken, pork and mussels and fish and 2 hambones for soup, along with 2 huge homemade chicken broths for soup as well. Frozen veggies are stocked too, but I had to rid the house of the cinnamon buns and ice pops etc. all the junk!!

I did pass a farmstand after our 1 hour hike with the boys and scooped up some fresh acorn and spaghetti squash as well as a bunch of fresh veggies and fruit. Cooked up that acorn squash tonight with some olive oil and a drizzle of honey in the oven!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

tmac10 is offline Member
    The acorn squash sounds amazing! I actually saw a recipe on a blog for sausage stuffed acorn squash and it sounded delightful. I've never been a big fan of making squash (or maybe I've just never tried) but now that it's fall and i'm going primal I may have to give it a second chance!!
    My Primal Journey

"success is determined by
    how you handle setbacks" - lululemon

Weekly Weigh In :
    10/1/10 SW: 165.8