Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating one meal, evening or morning? page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

If I'm doing a longer fast (24 hours is long for me) I tend to eat at night. If I eat in the early morning I tend to get hungrier through the day... not real hunger, but wanting to eat.

If I wait till night I don't think about it as much.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

maba is offline Senior Member

FNW, I started the day with the intention of doing my first 24-hour fast and having my meal tonight. But I ended up snacking and after that I felt the need to eat something (not even sure if I was hungry) and ended up having a big salad.

Sassa, any tips on how to do a 24 hour IF. Every time I try a fast longer than 12 hours, I'm constantly thinking of food - not necessarily craving it - and then end up breaking it.

Interestingly, the couple of times I've gone on long fasts (16 and 20 hrs) were after a carb-heavy/grain meal the previous night. I felt so bloated that I had to fast.

Maba, personally, I won't fast (especially a long fast) unless I've had a really full-fat & protein-filled day beforehand. It keeps you satiated through your fast.

Also, I like to do it on a day that I am really busy and I even like to incorporate exercise when I am feeling the need to snack and for some reason, it tends to take my hunger/ snacking needs away for another couple of hours.

Lemon water or any other herb/ spice infused waters may help if you sip on it constantly.

Cinnamon is also a natural hunger suppressant and helps to aid in cleansing the blood while your body is busy 'fixing' itself with the energy retained by not digesting food.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

maba I really think it's easier if you don't snack... drink some tea, and keep busy. Go for a walk, work on a project you "never have time for" (organizing a closet or something?) ... similar to SassaFrass's suggestion to do it on a day when you're really busy.

If you're busy it's easier not to be distracted by food (also, get away from the house if you can).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12