Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just not hungry? page

AuntPol is offline Senior Member

Just not hungry?

Primal Fuel
    I have always been one of those people that "had" to eat every 3 hours or I would get the shakes, lose my temper, and just be plain b____y. I have been on primal for 10 days. I had too high days last weekend where I got to 1700-1800 calories but overall was doing 1200-1500 a day. The past few days, I have not even been getting or just barely getting to 1200. Today I've had about 870 and I'm sure I probably overestimated. I'm just not hungry.

Today, I made some sausage to take with me to the Co-op that we do for homeschool. I packed a lunch in case we went to the park afterward. Well, in the rush to get everyone out the door, I forgot my sausage. Normally, if I skip breakfast then I am very ill by the time it's over at noon. People know to avoid me if I hadn't eaten breakfast. Today, I was fine. I ate some lunch around noon -but got full quick and ended up grazing it all afternoon. I think it was more because it was sitting there than because I was actually hungry.

My daughter and I went on a hike so I ate that sausage patty just to make sure I didn't pass out there. Then I came home and did Mark's bodyweight workout (very scaled lol -but I was sweating and panting). I ate some dinner but ended up putting half of it in the fridge. The thought of eating makes me ill right now.

I have done South Beach before but never had this happen. I had planned on fasting or going below 50 carbs until after I had at least a few months in. I'm struggling to get the food in. I keep looking at that total of 870 and thinking I should go eat some more but I just can't stuff myself right now. Is this normal?

(BTW-I'm 5"6" -153.5 pounds/30% bodyfat-went from 157.5 to 153 from Weds to Monday and then gained 1 pound and then lost a half pound since then. I think the lack of weight change is more from having to change time of my morning weigh-in to an earlier time because my measurements are either same or slightly less. My meal plans/stats are in my journal.)

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I so went through this. My journal entries from 5/23 through maybe the beginning of June show this issue. I just wasn't hungry. Because I needed to be sure I was getting sufficient zinc, I really did need to eat more even though I wasn't hungry, so for awhile, I made sure to eat breakfast even though it's not something for which I am naturally hungry.

Over time it evened out. Some days I eat more; some less.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    I know! Me too! Isn't it great?

NYCNoir is offline Member
    I'm going through the same exact thing. I've had about 900 calories today, and fought to finish my dinner and bring it up to about 1200. When I'm not hungry I sometimes just eat butter straight up, just to get some fat in me.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Me too!!! 2 months later, and I'm rarely ravenously hungry, even if I go several hours between meals. It still amazes me!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I know! Me too! Isn't it great?
    No, Debbie, it isn't "great" (I've learnt that the hard way!)

I've had to force myself to eat of late too. Family arrangements have sucked of late, and my belly's gotten so used to being empty that it's probably forgotten what 'hungry' is!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    I am not so sure if it's great. I have not lost anything this week but gained.

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    I used to be the crazy b-h if I didnt eat either, but since going Primal in April it's quite normal for me to have times where I'm just not hungry. No need to sweat it, just eat when you're hungry! As long as you're not stressed. Like Shrinking Violet said, it's not always a good thing!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    no worries on the gain...it happens and is normal, i go up and down on a regular basis, but down overall.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hmmm ... well, once again, we've just proven what's good for one is not necessarily good for another. As an early stage diabetic, if I eat recommended servings of nutritious food according to the food pyramid, I could very likely have an incredible hunger in just a few hours. It was so frustrating.

Now, eating primal, even if I am hungry, the symptoms are not uncomfortable.

I am sorry this is not working for you.

good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast