Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what's going on here with my weight? page

afsjesse is offline Senior Member

So, what's going on here with my weight?

I've lost 20 lbs. thus far on PB and am extremely happy about that! However, for the last two weeks I haven't lost anything, actually I gained 1 lb. I've been 95% primal with the exception of 1 small baked potato and just a couple shots of whiskey one night. Everyday I eat 6 eggs cooked in butter, average about 4 cans/week of coconut milk and I eat plenty of chicken/beef/fish, so i think I'm good in terms of getting enough fat. My veggie intake is great (broc., cucs, caul., onions, etc.)... The only downfall that I can see happening, is that I don't get much exercise. I do go to the gym 3 days/week (2 for lifting, and 1 for sprints).

Am I at a plateau, or am I just comsuming too many calories???? Thoughts? I'm 6', 224 lbs....

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    One you start reaching your target weight, it becomes harder and harder to lose weight. Remember, your body needed more calories for maintenance when you were 20 lbs heavier than it does now! I experienced the similar problem - despite exercising primally and being in ketosis, I gained 3lbs because my overall intake was too high. At this stage in the game (for me anyway), moving around slowly a lot and keeping calories below maintenance is key to continued fat loss.

Yah, i've been wondering if I'm consuming too many calories. Granted, I haven't been couting. I usually have 1 lb. of beef or chicken per day usually cooked in a curry w/coco. nilk. But, I haven't been eating til i'm stuffed, actually I've been hungry at night sometimes....I stop eating at 5 and don't eat until about 6-7 the next morning, so I get atleast a 12 hour IF most days.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Why don't your forget about the IF for a while and just eat to satiety whenever you're hungry? Also, I would strongly suggest that you start moving frequently at a slow pace. It makes a difference, trust me.

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member
    Another thought is how are your clothes fitting? The scales don't always tell the whole truth - sometimes a tape measure can give another perspective. I find that there are times that my weightloss seems to stop, but I'm happy because my clothes still seem to be getting looser.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    As Mollymoe said don't just look at your weight. I have stayed at the same weight for the past 4 months but lost an additional 2" off my waist. Using only weight is a CW method. Weight will never tell the whole story. I used to be obsessive and weigh myself every day, now it might be once a month.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Is there a problem? You are expecting empirical results (fat loss) without taking any measurements.

It’s like you want to get from NYC to LA and you expect to be in Colorado by now. Sure you have a map (PB) but you only assumed you started in NY (starting BF%) and you are pretty sure (you think you are getting “enough fat” whatever that means taking it out of context like you have done) you are headed west.

Do yourself a favour and get a compass and figure out how fast you are driving. By that I mean find out your BF% and take two weeks and find out how many calories you are actually consuming. You will probably be surprised at how many you are actually taking in.

Just don’t over analyze and stress about the numbers.

Don’t compare your progress with anyone else.

Fat loss is not a linear progression anyhow.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    A couple of weeks stalling is no biggie. Do something you don't normally do like a different kind of intense exercise or eat something weird, and see if you don't drop like 3 lb in a day. Weight loss is not linear for a number of reasons.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by afsjesse View Post
    Everyday I eat 6 eggs cooked in butter, average about 4 cans/week of coconut milk and I eat plenty of chicken/beef/fish, so i think I'm good in terms of getting enough fat. My veggie intake is great (broc., cucs, caul., onions, etc.)... The only downfall that I can see happening, is that I don't get much exercise. I do go to the gym 3 days/week (2 for lifting, and 1 for sprints).
    Am I at a plateau, or am I just comsuming too many calories???? Thoughts? I'm 6', 224 lbs....
    Jesse,
    4 cans of coconut milk = 1,600 calories & 6 eggs a day = 600 calories a day.
    AND your BMI is still high so you could lose another 20+ lbs.
    http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

You might consider cutting back on your Coconut milk & eggs.

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I see where you're going with that, Grizz. I'll cut the coconut milk down to 3 cans and the eggs down to 2-3/day for a week and see where I go. On top of that I think i'll cut down on the amount of beef i consume. I usually eat 1 pound per day. But, if I do all of those things, I won't be getting enough protein, by my estimation. Guess I better start doing 2 scoops of whey in the morning or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast