Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you gain weight when you combine fats and fruit ? page

jarnapal is offline Member

Do you gain weight when you combine fats and fruit ?

Primal Fuel
    Hei, I want to know if anyone here starts to gain weight when they combine fats and fruits ? I get that immediate weight gain when combining these two. Does the released insulin makes me gain weight then ?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean by immediate weight gain?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't fruit on its own, without any added fat, cause more of an insulin spike?
    I never eat carbs on their own and as far as I could tell, it doesn't cause weight gain, immediate or otherwise.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    I dipped my apple slices in congealed bacon grease at 10:00pm the other night and I lost a pound the next day. I have quit trying to guess what certain foods will do to my body in a snapshot moment. I am never right.

I used to play a terrible game of eating something then stepping on the scale...just for fun... Is that what you are referring to? It causes madness. I would suggest against it but obviously everyone has to learn their own lessons.

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I have a blueberry smoothie almost daily that includes a lot of fat. On workout days I include a banana to that smoothie. I haven't noticed any weight gain.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Well something's doing something to me! I've gained a dress size VERY quickly (and I don't care what anyone says, it's there and it ain't going away!) Needless to say a happy bunny I ain't!

I'm going to try giving up dairy and see if that makes a difference, because it's making me VERY frustrated and miserable! I've already given up tomatoes and that's not helped, but I'm also wondering if it's something I'm taking (supps list in journal) because I did notice this start to happen around the same time (started taking the stuff 10 days ago).

I hate fighting a battle with my body (but more my mind) all the time!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Fats may cover insulin, making the combination of fats and sugars cause a larger insulin spike. I can have some fruit in the morning first thing with not blood sugar problem. But if I eat that with eggs as well - the sugar goes higher.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYamRunRam View Post
    Fats may cover insulin, making the combination of fats and sugars cause a larger insulin spike. I can have some fruit in the morning first thing with not blood sugar problem. But if I eat that with eggs as well - the sugar goes higher.
    par the usual, people confuse blood glucose with insulin.....

no, fruit and fat together will not make you fat...now, if your overeating, yes, youll get fat fromfruit and fat but it sure as hell isnt the fruit & fat it is the overeating

mirliluck is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    Well something's doing something to me! I've gained a dress size VERY quickly (and I don't care what anyone says, it's there and it ain't going away!) Needless to say a happy bunny I ain't!
    This same thing happened to me and it turned out I was pregnant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast