Thread: Looking for PB-friendly "bread" recipes for picky carbaholic mother page

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member

Looking for PB-friendly "bread" recipes for picky carbaholic mother

Primal Fuel
    My mom has basically lived off of pasta, bread, pizza, tomatoes, and the occasional salad or beef stew for much of her life. I am concerned for her, as even though she is slim and relatively healthy, diabetes and breast cancer are very common in her family. After I gave her Mark's primer on grains to read, she's slowwwwly tried to change up her diet by adding eggs, more salads, and eating less grains, which is a HUGE step for her.

One thing she has been asking me is to bake her a bread that is "healthy" so she can make sandwiches or pizza and dip it in her salad dressing and such. I know it would be best to ditch the bread entirely, but I think she needs a substitute to transition for a bit before she'll even consider that.

Anyone have a tasty recipe for primal-friendly bread? Bonus points if the texture is similar to regular bread.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I suggested to my mom that she buy the sprouted Ezekial bread. There's another thread on the product somewhere here on the forum...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyPixy View Post
    My mom has basically lived off of pasta, bread, pizza, tomatoes, and the occasional salad or beef stew for much of her life. I am concerned for her, as even though she is slim and relatively healthy, diabetes and breast cancer are very common in her family. After I gave her Mark's primer on grains to read, she's slowwwwly tried to change up her diet by adding eggs, more salads, and eating less grains, which is a HUGE step for her.

One thing she has been asking me is to bake her a bread that is "healthy" so she can make sandwiches or pizza and dip it in her salad dressing and such. I know it would be best to ditch the bread entirely, but I think she needs a substitute to transition for a bit before she'll even consider that.

Anyone have a tasty recipe for primal-friendly bread? Bonus points if the texture is similar to regular bread.
    You can be skinny and unhealthy and still develop type 2 diabetes. Conversely you can be large and healthy and, erm, not.
    La tristesse durera toujours...