Thread: my go to primal (almost?) comfort food, cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped Jalapenos page

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member

my go to primal (almost?) comfort food, cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped Jalapenos

Primal Fuel
    these have become what i eat to handle cravings, enough of them even make a good breakfast.
    cut several jalapenos lengthwise and clean out seeds and such.
    stuff one side with cheddar cheese the other wiht cream cheese. (using just cream chees works as well)
    put jalapeno halves back together and wrap with bacon. large jalapenos you can use a whole slice.
    skewer with toothpick to hold together.
    the best way to cook is by broiling. broil untill the bacon is done. for me thats 2 minutes on middle rack of oven, turn over then another 2 minutes. then 1 minute each side on the top rack.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i have a king kooker jalapeno "stand" which is so awesome - you can get 36 cored jalapenos in it & i just use it in the oven. Coring the peppers is easier than you think, esp if you get those huge jalapenos during the summer. I use the same kind of recipe as you - cream cheese + some shredded cheddar, topped w/ bacon. Probably be good w/ sausage too.

yes the stand is a uni-tasker but it does its one little task very well.

maybe i'll make some this weekend, they're nice to eat while you're bbq-ing.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    I make these too, but leave them in halves, wrap in 1/2 slice bacon, lay on their side with the cheese side up, and but them in the oven. YUM

magic is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflame View Post
    I make these too, but leave them in halves, wrap in 1/2 slice bacon, lay on their side with the cheese side up, and but them in the oven. YUM
    Redflame:
    I made them exactly as you did but added a shrimp before wrapping them in bacon. They were outstanding!

Russ is offline Senior Member
    wow, funny you mention it. I was just had something similar for the first time at my local grockfest!
    Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
    Current Weight: 266lbs
    High-school Weight: 235lbs
    Goal: ????

hilm3 is offline Member
    I make them with split Anaheim chilies and leave them in halves. This is one of my family's favorite dishes. I cook them in the middle of the oven at 350 F for half-hour or so - till the bacon looks done.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had something similar to this at our local fair a couple weeks ago, and have been wanting to try it at home. What's funny is when I ordered them (from a "everything's fried booth"), I thought they would be breaded and deep fried, and was totally willing to accept that a cheat, after all, it's the fair, and I hadn't been in years. I was stoked when they came without breading! My friends that were with me gave me a hard time, saying "you got jipped!" but I loved them!! Can't wait to try them at home! Thanks for posting the oven version.