Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite "milk" page

leera21 is offline Member

What's your favorite "milk"

Shop Now
    I've been trying different non dairy milks,and was wondering if people here have an overall favorite?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I think in general full fat coconut milk would be the fave for primal folks. Everything else isn't so good for you. I mean nut milks are ok, but they don't have a lot to offer nutrient wise, and don't stack up fat wise either. I think they are pretty carby as well.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Whole cow milk, or coconut milk. Accept no substitutes.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Soy. Hahaha! No J/K. My all-time favorite milk would have to be just milked, chilled full-fat milk from a Jersey cow in late spring. Oh man...

I think hazelnut milk might be promising. But all of the commercial nut milks that I've tasted basically taste the same. I think there's a common ingredient in all which imparts sort of a chalky taste. So, I think hazelnut milk might be yummy if you made it yourself. I'd pick coconut milk, but pretty much all high-quality coconut products burn the back of my throat. I'm sure this is a good thing, maybe it's the lauric acid. But I still don't like it.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    I've discovered that I'm fairly lactose intolerant, so I just kinda do without. I love coconut milk, but I don't consider it "milk." I try not to substitute for things that most people say they miss. I just try to find new favorites.

rockrunner Guest
    I'm just starting out with Primal, I usually make my own homemade soymilk for the last 2 years which i will still drink till it runs out in a few weeks...I never liked cows milk but did recently try whole organic cows milk and can drink that but not the regular non-organic milk. I'm lactose tolerant for cheese and yogart but have a hard time with most milk usually. I just bought 3 kinds of coconut milk to try...i like coconuts that I have shelled and ate...this is my new standard.

leera21 is offline Member
    By far there is no replacement for fresh cow's milk as far as taste goes....You can't get unpasturized milk unless you own a cow or two,but you can get the next best thing.
    Nonhomogonized whole milk that's been flash pasturized.It's still got all the cream,all the milk fat....

I'm leaning toward almond milk otherwise.

rockrunner Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leera21 View Post
    By far there is no replacement for fresh cow's milk as far as taste goes....You can't get unpasturized milk unless you own a cow or two,but you can get the next best thing.
    Nonhomogonized whole milk that's been flash pasturized.It's still got all the cream,all the milk fat....

I'm leaning toward almond milk otherwise.
    A few years ago when my kids were first born I made homemade almond milk everyday for them instead of formula till they could drink cows milk, it seemed good then but almonds cost a lot more now and I quit doing it when the kids out grew needing milk. I like the taste of almond milk...yummm

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk with cinnamon and stevia. Then a nap. I don't think I'll be doing a whole can again.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Coconut milk with cinnamon and stevia. Then a nap. I don't think I'll be doing a whole can again.
    Is it a common thing for coconut milk to make one tired? I drank some the other day, about double the amount I usually drink (6 oz or so), and I was indescribably tired within about 30 mintues...but I didn't want to attribute it to the coconut milk too hastily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast