Thread: Where to buy cheap almond meal page

cheath Guest

Where do you guys get your almond meal? That stuff is crazy expensive at the whole foods shop. I found a 5lb bag online (justalmonds.com) for $24, or 10oz bags for $4.20 (affordablesupplements.com).

I was just wondering if anybody had a less expensive website they order from. Thanks in advance!

62shelby Guest

trader joes is cheap

cheath Guest

Thanks, but no Trader Joe's in Texas. =(

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

It's been awhile since I bought it, but I think Trader Joe's was around $7 for a pound bag.

I doubt that you'll find it cheaper than the price for a pound of almonds.

62shelby Guest

actually I paid five bucks there.

sorry cheath, how about making your own?

hannahc is offline Senior Member

If you have a food processor, all you have to do is grind up some almonds! I've read that almond flour requires that you blanch them first, but almond meal includes the skins. I found a 10 or 12 oz bag for $14 at Whole Foods, and decided at $10 for a 3 pound bag of raw almonds at Costco I'd rather make my own. Way cheaper, and it's worked for the recipes I've used it in at least!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I was searching for this today too... justalmonds was the cheapest one I found.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

flyingpylon Guest

I'm a little suspicious about justalmonds.com. They claim they're from California, but nowhere on their site do they list a local phone number or address and even their domain name registration information is kept private.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I wouldn't be overly suspicious; I read an article in the Business section of the newspaper about how California has been producing bumper crops of almonds for the past year or so.