Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ionic Silver page

Tracy is offline Junior Member

Ionic Silver

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard any research or evidence for or against ionic silver for boosting your immune system, and being very effective at destroying colds and the flu? I tried googling it, and I just don't know what to trust in this subject. So I turn to my beloved primal community Thanks guys!

Tracy

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Would sure make me nervous.

Dynamo is offline Member
    I would do some research Tracy. I was going to take a silver product - I think it was like collidol silver - pardon the spelling or lack there of.

I am guessing what you are talking about has similar properties as the one I was going to take was supposed to cure the same ails.

Here is the thing: my sis is a dermatologist and when she heard about me thinking about this, she put her foot down - which she never has with any of my "natural remedies". Think: Blue Man. Yes, ingesting silver can make your skin turn blue. Just do some google searches. There is more too all this than I can recall since it has been several years, but before I agreed to oblige my sister's request, I did much reading.

Yes, there had been some research at the turn of the century where this was used and worked well prior to antibiotics and such. The limited research or findings back them was not long term, like you will find with more current research.

Again, do a google search and keep an open mind.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    actually i have used collodial silver and have had great results. like all things, you need to watch for quality. here is some more stuff about "the blue man" thang (ie he made his own stuff and it wasn't really collodial silver).
    http://www.purestcolloids.com/blue-man.php

Suse is offline Senior Member
    apparently, when they talk about people having blue blood (ie, aristocrats) it came from the fact that they drank their tea from silver and supposedly too much of it does somethign to your blood. I dont know... I kind of like that story though

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I always heard blue blood referred to the appearance of veins under pale skin from being able to shun all manual labor.

xntrik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    actually i have used collodial silver and have had great results. like all things, you need to watch for quality. here is some more stuff about "the blue man" thang (ie he made his own stuff and it wasn't really collodial silver).
    http://www.purestcolloids.com/blue-man.php
    That link has the facts correct with respect to the blue man, but his warning against making your own is sales hype to get you to buy his vastly overpriced proprietary product. While homebrew won't have as high a concentration of colloids, it will still contain 10-15% colloids. There's also the perennially ongoing debate on the effectiveness of colloids vs. ions; there are silver products that tout how highly ionic they are.

I've been making my own for almost 10 years, at a cost of about a dollar per gallon, and I think it's crazy to pay $400 per gallon for a proprietary silver product containing roughly the same amount of silver. Properly made homebrew contains only two ingredients: .999+ pure silver and pure steam distilled water. No salt, no baking soda, no tap water. And, while you can make it with a set-up as simple as three 9v batteries and two pieces of silver wire, I highly recommend getting one of the completely automated, current-controlled CS generators. Just add distilled water and run it; fill it with tap water or add salt and the unit won't run. Here are the two units that are most highly regarded in the online CS community:

http://silverpuppy.com/

http://www.silvergen.com/

Those units will make CS in the 10-20 PPM range. At that concentration, you'd die of excess water consumption before you could ingest enough silver to turn blue. The body has a certain capacity to excrete silver from the body, and it is only when that capacity is exceeded that the skin will turn blue. For that reason, it is best to avoid any highly concentrated silver products, like mild silver protein, silver citrate, etc. If it's over 20 PPM, don't buy it.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I would never consider ingesting the stuff. Looking at it from a PB perspective, when would Grok have had the chance to guzzle metal, and why?

I have heard that taking it internally *can* help to fend off colds etc., but that it can also destroy helpful cells in your body as well, so great care should be taken not to use it for an extended period, if at all. From my experience, eating a healthy diet and taking supplements is all that is needed to avoid colds and flu.

On the other hand, I have researched colloidal silver and found that it seems to be a great disinfecting agent for topical skin uses, as well as a healing agent. I haven't had occasion to use it yet, but I keep a few containers on hand as part of my emergency/first-aid stock. Here is one interesting item (see Product Reviews tab in link for others' experiences with this product):

Source Naturals, Ultra Colloidal Silver Salve
    http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals...-7-g/1441?at=0

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    My parents make colloidal silver and I use it off and on for different issues, works great for clearing up vaginal infections, not that I have that problem since going primal and not consuming sugar. Also good for sore throat, colds, mouth ulcers, etc. I for sure wouldn't guzzle it like the blue man.... That's not what it's for.

xntrik is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    Personally, I would never consider ingesting the stuff. Looking at it from a PB perspective, when would Grok have had the chance to guzzle metal, and why?
    Using that logic, should you ever find yourself severely mangled in a car accident, you should make sure to tell the doctor to treat you with nothing but herbal poultices, because after all, Grok didn't have access to modern medicine. Are you seriously willing to endanger your health and/or life in pursuit of cultish paleo reenactment? For crying out loud, Turkana Boy died of an infection from gum disease!

Colloidal silver gives me the option to never have colds. At the first hint of a cold coming on, I spray CS in my ears and nose and gargle/drink several ounces every few hours, and the cold is stopped dead in its tracks in less than 24 hours. It makes no sense to me that I should allow myself to get a cold or the flu simply because paleolithic man didn't have access to a modern remedy that can completely prevent it. I see no valid reason to eschew modern things that truly enhance the quality of life simply because they weren't available in paleolithic times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast