Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coconut milk in tea .. may have to be an acquired taste page

kiwineil is offline Senior Member

coconut milk in tea .. may have to be an acquired taste

Primal Fuel
    So in an effort to up my fat yesterday i drank 200mls of coconut milk ... my stomach didnt appreciate that at all .. and mog laffed at me ...

so today . .thought id add it to my tea in place of regular milk.

Im thinking it has to be an acquired taste .. looks like the sargasso sea floating on top, tastes .. well like someone poured coconut into an otherwise perfectly good cup of tea ....

anyone else tried this particular science experiment ?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Yes....I reverted pretty quickly to putting cow milk in my tea

At some point in the future, I intend to experiment with eliminating dairy for a while. At that time, I'll simply drink my tea black.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yup been there, tried that... couldnt stand the oil slick.

re drinking coconut milk though, yeah I've found you need to drink small amounts, I mix it in a smoothie with chilled water. If you have too much, lets just say the results can be somewhat explosive and uncomfortable

Annika is online now Senior Member
    I tried coconut milk in my coffee with the vague idea of reducing/eliminating dairy. Yuck! I love coconut milk and I love coffee, but together? Ewww.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    It was easy for me to acquire the taste. I don't want to drink tea or coffee without coconut milk. Because of this I have to buy it by the case.

BTW, for those interested, Native Forest has been picked up by Amazon so it's a lot cheaper than it used to be.

Barefoot is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I tried coconut milk in my coffee with the vague idea of reducing/eliminating dairy. Yuck! I love coconut milk and I love coffee, but together? Ewww.
    Yep. It was pretty bad, so back to heavy cream I went. I wish I could like it though, because I think dairy is what's making my chin break out constantly.

on my second cup now ... as long as i dont look at it too much the taste may not be completely appalling ... at least thats what im telling myself !

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Yep. It was pretty bad, so back to heavy cream I went. I wish I could like it though, because I think dairy is what's making my chin break out constantly.
    Same situation here. Coconut milk was not so bad, but heavy cream is so much better. I guess I've decided taste wins over a blemish-free chin.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

JamieRose is offline Member
    I love coconut milk in my tea and coffee! I just stir it with a cinnamon stick to keep it from sitting in the top.

funny i was thinking that it might work ok with cinnamon .. so thanks for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast