Thread: So, how do you take your Spirulina? page

afsjesse is offline Senior Member

So, how do you take your Spirulina?

Primal Fuel
    Just got my first order of Spirulina!!! (Thanks, Griff!)

Just had 1 tbsp in a glass of water. I found the tast to be rather earthy and sea-like. Which is fine by me since I lived in Korea for two years. I don't do smoothies, so I'm wondering what kinds of food this would be good on? Eggs? It didn't dissolve to well in the water so I'm wondering how else I could take this potent stuff!!!
    Last edited by afsjesse; 09-30-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    I take tabs, so I can't help you (tabs seem to be more readily available over ehre). It won't dissolve as it's dried algae (you did know that, right...?) and plant matter doesn't tend to dissolve.

Why don't you do smoothies? That would have been my guess. I take it you don't do dairy at all then...?
    La tristesse durera toujours...

No blender to make smoothies!!!!!! Also, I didn't know that plant matter doesn't dissolve. Quite interesting.

Grizz is offline Banned
    AFSjesse,

No blender? They are cheap. Even cheaper, go to a resale shop, goodwill industries, or a garage sale and you are certain to find a really inexpensive model for $5. I suggest that you get yourself a blender and mix it into Almond Milk or Coconut Milk. You can also add some fruits into the blend if you want.

Before blending it into smoothies, my wife mixed it into her Vitamin C "Energen-C Super Orange Flavor" powder & a glass of water with a spoon. She mixed mine into the oatmeal I used to eat with a spoon.

You can certainly mix it into scrambled eggs, or into your glass of Almond Milk using a spoon. That works until you get your blender.

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

Thanks, Griff! I kind of thought about going to a resale shop here in Mankato. I just got the stuff today and I really hope it helps me lower my blood pressure. We shall see!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by afsjesse View Post
    No blender to make smoothies!!!!!! Also, I didn't know that plant matter doesn't dissolve. Quite interesting.
    Plants tend to absorb the water, think about oatmeal, or psyllium husk. This is why I do tabs. Must start taking them again. My iodine levels could do with a booster!

Right it's time for beddy byes!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Yah, I'd like to see a comparison of my Iodine levels from living in Korea to now.