Thread: Is this normal? page

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member

Is this normal?

I've been primal 5 or 6 days now (on day 2 I cheated and had the rest of the macaroni and cheese). I am eating way more calories than I typically do (and I know my range for my activity level) and I'm still losing weight. I've dropped 5 pounds in those 6 days. 4 of which were bloat, but yesterday I ate way more than I should have and I still dropped a pound. I KNOW I was not starving myself on SAD - I'm female, 5'10 and fairly athletic - I eat between 1800-2000 calories a day. I don't have my exact calorie content from yesterday - but it was higher, believe me. I even had two cookies. I'm also slimming down in areas I never thought to slim.

Okay - I'm not exactly complaining... :P But I want to know if this is normal. Seems my body really likes this way of eating.
    Last edited by Andtckrtoo; 09-30-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Yep, totally normal. Your body is finally purging the dependence on carbs and running on real food - fat and protein - and whatever of that it doesn't need, it typically discards.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Very normal! The initial week or two you lose a lot of water that your body retains when on a high-carb ("normal") diet. You'll feel harder and more compact on PB. Welcome!

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Spiffy isn't it?
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Wow! That fascinating. I am feeling more compact - didn't know I could retain water in my arms! But even those are slimmer. Go figure.

I have a degree in biology, so when I read what Mark had to say, it made sense. That I'm losing weight like this and eating more - feeling satisfied (and more than) is telling me that my body is saying, "Jeez! FINALLY, you're giving me the foods I need to get what you need done. I no longer have to hold on to the fat in order to guarantee that I will not starve." I know I will plateau once my body self regulates, but that's when I'll start worrying about looking at calories. We really are not meant to eat grains, are we? Even with my slips, 98% of what I'm eating is meat, veggies and fruit. And I absolutely love how this is flattening my tummy!! =)

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andtckrtoo View Post
    Wow! That fascinating. I am feeling more compact - didn't know I could retain water in my arms! But even those are slimmer. Go figure.
    Yes!! In the past few days I have REALLY started to notice all those muscles I built with CLX! I can feel all kind of definition that I couldn't even come close to a few weeks ago.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

ScarlettMoon is offline Member
    I'm 43, and have lost 37 lbs on Primal. I was always slim in my younger years, but look better now. It's amazing how it slims down everything on your body!

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You might be surprised at how few calories you are getting.