Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you.... page

primalintexas is offline Junior Member

Would you....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    eat this way if you could not afford grass-fed or antibiotic free animal products and organic vegetables?
    I'm on a serious budget and can't afford the good stuff right now. An onion costs $1.65 for crying out loud!
    Some of the meals people post on here would add up to a small fortune, if eaten on a regular basis. But, the thought of eating conventionally raised meat is kind of sickening. So, is it better to do Paleo anyway you can, even if it means
    eating grocery store meat and conventionally grown vegetables?

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I'd rather eat feedlot beef than cereal, bread and sugar.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I can't afford that stuff, but I can still stay away from wheat and other boxed crap.

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    I'm on a budget too. Not much you can do other than buy as much healthy stuff as you can for the cheapest price. Try purchasing some frozen veggies and beef. That's a good start.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I eat conventional meat more often than grassfed and conventional produce more than organic. I know that grassfed and organic is healthier, but meat and vegetables of any kind are healthier than grains and vegetable oils. I believe that you can get pretty much the same resuslts in body composition and health eating conventional/non-organic as compared to eating grassfed and organic. I like to support local agriculture and the sustainable practices, and I do so when I am able, but I don't sweat eating conventional foods when I can't.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Yes.

BethanyK is offline Senior Member
    I believe that Mark says that even if you can't afford the grass-fed beef and organically grown veggies, that you are still light years ahead of the standard American diet. So I would (and do) still eat conventionally grown meat and veggies. If I come across a great deal on grass-fed meat we jump on it, we grew a number of our own veggies this summer, so I know how those have been produced, and I consider that to be a decent start in this new way of life.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Hell yes. Mark says eat the best you can. Eating organic, and grass fed beef is optimal but not required.
    "Live Free or Die"

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Don't make perfect the enemy of good. Eliminate the crap and do the best you can with the rest.

maranne is offline Senior Member
    I understand where you are coming from!
    It does cost a lot to eat organic and grass-fed in Austria. Since I am living with family again, I cannot make the demands that a full on Primal lifestyle demands.
    Try your best and stay away from sugars, grains and over-processed food.
    M

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast