Thread: Chayote Squash page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Chayote Squash

Primal Fuel
    Can someone tell me about this, how to cook etc... i keep seeing it pop up random places. it looks like a green butt hahahah. the'low carb forums' seem to make mock apple stuff with it but i know it has to be usedfor more than that!

and it is really low in carbs for sqaush, good potassium, aminos, zinc so i need some options!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    chop it roughly, cover in cream and chicken broth in a casserole dish. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is crispy gooey. Voila, squash au grautin. Has a sweet flavor to it, thanks to the chayote.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Do you need to peel it - or does the skin soften to an edible degree?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure chayote and mirliton refer to the same thing. My stepmom makes ballin' stuffed mirlitons for Thanksgiving (shrimp, celery, I don't know what else). You could try just cutting them in half, scooping them out, stuffing and baking until soft.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My mother in law peeled hers, I think the skins don't soften quickly enough.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome