Thread: Immune system WIN page

monkeyadded is offline Junior Member

Talking Immune system WIN

Primal Fuel
    Wow!

Short story about my new, super immune system. Seven years ago, my (ex)wife and I gave Strep Throat back and forth to each other about three times, two consecutive years. It knocked us both flat each time.

Three weeks ago, my son (not paleo yet, but I'm trying!) got Strep and he got the usual round of Amoxicillin from the doctor. Call me an optimist, but it never occurred to me that I would get it this time. Last week, two weeks after he was diagnosed, I felt a little under the weather--ache-y--for about 36 hours. I thought maybe it was my hypertension acting up since I've been experimenting with a lower does of the prescription diuretic I've been taking. Nope, it was 114/74. It wasn't until the next day, when I started feeling much better that I thought it was probably Strep that I had just walked through like it was nothing (compared to past bouts).

Another thing, I think I had a cold about a month ago, also brought home by my son. The symptoms lasted less than a day and then were gone. The same cold that put him out for two days.

Amazing.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Ditto... t'other evening I was sneezing like mad and too congested to breathe, which is exactly how I always come down with a cold that lasts a week - unmistakable. And perfectly healthy the next morning. Weird!

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Haven't had so much as a cold since I went primal-ish in January.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Wow I had thought about posting a similar weird experience. I teach in an ed school, all of my students are 1st-year NYC classroom teachers, so I get the apex of the public school infectious diseases - in winter, at least 1/3 of my class has various flus. I haven't had anything since I started primal, whereas the year before I had the flu four times. This summer, I felt a cold coming on, in the normal way it always does, but it didn't really go anywhere for a week or so. Then I finally got it - for less than a day, then it disappeared completely. Weirdest thing. But cool!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I'm right there with you. I haven't had a cold in a year and a half since I went first low-carb and then primal.

In fact, the office plague just skipped right over me last week. It went directly from Mr Food Sensitivities to Mr Healthy Exerciser. We're all joking that I'm going to be a carrier now because I pick up germs & just don't notice.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I caught one cold this year, last month, probably because I was run-down from four straight weeks of insane class prep for teaching two classes at the same time that I'd never taught before. I caught it Friday, rested and drank lots of lemon-juice-laced ice water on Saturday, and was well again on Sunday afternoon. I've never had a cold go away that fast or with so little effort on my part.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Excellent news.

I haven't had colds, flu or anything else in a couple of years now, and I'm a T1 diabetic.

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed something very similar. When I fall off the primal path and eat some bread.. I often end up with a sore throat. My mother tells me that grains hold moulds, and moulds are precursers to colds. Don't know if its true or not, but I am noticing a patern.

Maurabela is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well this is good news. I woke up with a sore throat this morning. The past few days I've been sneezing and slightly congested. I did a TON of cleaning and moving heavy things yesterday (my body isn't used to that, it is used to sitting behind a desk), so I'm wondering if I just over-did it. I hope to be better tomorrow!