Thread: My creatinine level is rising page

RedZinnia is offline Junior Member

My creatinine level is rising

My creatinine level has risen to 1.3 and my doctor has expressed concern. I am prediabetic. My A1c was 6.3 a month ago, but I have started eating primal and I expect it will be better at my next test. I know that one of the common criticisms of carbohydrate-restricted diets is that they are high in protein and high protein can disrupt kidney function. I am expecting to hear from my doctor that I am eating too much protein. I eat about 100 grams of protein a day. I am eating more than what is reasonable on a primal diet?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    While there is some evidence that protein is bad when kidneys are already damaged, there is no evidence that a high protein intake damages kidneys. Take for example the body building and power lifting communities where protein is worshiped. You don't see a high incidence of kidney issues. If there were causation then that's were you would expect to see it most rampant.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jea. Eat as much as you need to meet your goals, whatever they may be.

Where is the evidence? http://www.jissn.com/content/1/1/45

Isn't it kind of fallacious to suggest that increasing workload necessarily causes problems? like Daemonized said, it is a bad thing if your kidneys suck.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!