Thread: LEAP MRT test, anybody ever done this? page

OG Bobby Johnson is offline Junior Member

LEAP MRT test, anybody ever done this?

Primal Fuel
    Hey,

I've heard some good things about the MRT test for food allergies. I'd like to take the test, but it seems to be difficult to find someone that administers the test. I know Sean Croxton, of Underground Wellness, is one person that does it. But, I'd like to be able to shop around and hopefully get my insurance to cover some of it.

If you've taken the test, how did you go about taking it? How much did it cost? Were you satisfied with the results? Thanks.

Are there alternatives to the MRT? Has anyone taken traditional tests, like a skin test or RAST, together or seperate, and gotten good results?
    Last edited by OG Bobby Johnson; 09-29-2010 at 10:55 AM.

PathFinder is offline Junior Member
    Yes, I did the test. I went through a HyVee dietian that does LEAP. She gets a discount if you go through her so it was only $195 instead of the $495 they normally charge, but then you have to sign up for 6 months of consultations at $389.00.

My results have been good. Since knowing what foods I'm allergic too and avoiding them I do feel a lot better overall.

KLK7 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did it in 2001 and was very happy with the results. My husband did it a couple of years later and was kind of mixed. I think he just didn't like the answers. It was very new when we did it. No insurance would cover it. We did it through LEAP directly and it was $695 each IIRC.

I don't know much about the alternatives. I do know that we had both had the skin tests and wheal tests in the past and been very dissatisfied.