Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First IF Today... page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

After two days of heavy, albeit strictly Primal feasting (involving a roast duck on Friday, and unlimited Dungeness at a crab boil yesterday)...

Grokette is doing an IF. My last food was 8:00 pm yesterday, so that puts me about 13 hours in.

My stomach is growling now, and I was thinking about some green tea. Any words of wisdom here? I don't want to mess this up.

Also Maba and Sofia... my knee is starting to feel better. Thanks for the support :-D

maba is offline Senior Member

Glad to know your knees are better! See, PB makes the healing process quicker too.

@IF, hang in there. My first long IF was 16 hours, if I can do it, you sure can Kuno! Keep us posted.

Thanks, Maba!

Will do.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

How long are you fasting for? Go until lunchtime and you've already done a perfectly fine IF. It's a really difficult thing to "mess up." I don't think green tea would be a problem, but personally I would stick with water.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

I really wanted to do 24 hrs, and maybe have a light dinner salad with some protein about 8 pm.

Guess if I start feeling bad, I can stop the IF early without feeling too bad, but right now I'm just at the growling tummy stage. This is doable.

Thanks for the support, Primalchild!

Acmebike is offline Member

+++ vibes sent your way! It is sorta neat to accomplish a good long IF, but they need to be reasonable. Take your mind off FOOD, take a cold shower, brush your teeth (no-sweetened toothpaste!), wash your face, go for a short walk, do 10 push ups, some little change up to get your body to disconnect from your brain about the food you likely don't really want/need.

But that said, there is no "failed" IF as long as you keep the nutrition Primal as laid out in Sisson's book and here on the website! Good job!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I just went 15 hours, my first IF.

Not pleasant, hunger, light headedness, SO glad to see 1PM roll around. Keeping physically busy helped, but no panacea.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I'm gonna do 24 hours IF today too. It was completely unplanned though. I'm in a bad mood and I'm staying home all day so I decided there's no point in eating lol. I need to save food anyways. Is coffee allowed? How about some weight training? Or should I just rest?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

maba is offline Senior Member

My longest IF to date is 20 hours last week. Although I wasn&#39;t particularly hungry, my mind was preoccupied with food and kept looking at the clock every now and then. The minute it turned 20 hours, I attacked some dehydrated coconut pieces. Then went home and cooked and ate dinner 2 hours later.

@Acmebike, I&#39;m going to try and follow your tips the next time I go on a long IF. More than the hunger itself, it was the constant thought of food that made me break the fast.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

PrimalCon New York

maba, I laughed out loud!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast