Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~*~ Mainiaca - My Evolution

Shop Now
    Week 2 - Tuesday
    B: Fage / strawberry puree / 1 Equal / tea
    S: 1/2 raw mixed nuts
    L: broc / chicken / cheese
    S: 6 squares green and black
    D: baked omelet (eggs* sausage* tomatoes peppers onions mushrooms) / 1C cherry tomatoes

listened to Underground Wellness podcast with David Getoff - OMG what a wealth of great info
    http://www.naturopath4you.com/
    May do cleanse after Jan1

Think I have to cut further back on dairy - seem itchier and bloated after dairy
    Kettle ball workout

start posting podcast notes here!
    Last edited by Mainiaca; 10-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Where Have I been??
    Not sure why I haven't been posting on a daily basis but gotta get back on track.Got everything I ate in my Touch so I'll just copy it over here this weekend.

Weighed in today - 156.5 no loss, no gain. Shooting for 155 next Friday.

Cheryl & Bennie coming over dinner tomorrow - promised pasta dinner month ago. YIKES! Guess this will be an off day??

I'm out - back tomorrow!

Monday 10/18
    Pasta dinner Saturday night with C & B- planned for months - couldn't change it. Had pasta, homemade sauce, garlic bread, italian bread, cheese and crackers then had carb hangover on Sunday.

Back on tack today:
    B: tea, crepes, blueberries, rolled butter
    S: handful raw mixed nuts
    L: beef stew*
    D: chicken* with mushrooms and onions in butter cream sauce

Started using Pilltracker app to track supplement intake - so far, so good!

Had a pretty crappy day last Monday anxiety wise - wondering if it might be side effects of Ambien. Same today - seems to ease after lunch both days. May not take it next Sunday - see if Monday is any better - if I sleep Sunday night that is! Will have to try 5HTP, triptophan or melatonin. 5HTP is $$$ - starting at $19 and higher - didn't check others. Going to have to check "expert" sites for best brands. Off to bed!

hmmm... still not posting daily - what's up with that? Gotta get back - will schedule it on my PC as a reminder.
    So up 1# over the weekend - sodium from chili last night?
    Chugging water and hoping it goes away!
    Looking to make 155 this Friday. That's be <1.5 down. I can do it!

Should post what I've been doing for the last 2 weeks but only want to look forward.

Started up a blog on blogspot for low-carb eating and health for women. Lot's of general stuff at least for now but it's a start. Haven't gone public yet - still setting it up - hoping to go live this weekend maybe?

Back to work - yuk

So today I am eating:
    B: tea / Fage total yogurt / strawberry puree / stevia
    L: Ground beef / broccoli stir fry
    D: sausage veggie baked omelet - maybe some bacon
    Water water water

Did an upper body workout - less than 10 minutes - loving it!

lost 1.5# over night - gotta love it - looks like the additional water is working! Gonna keep it up.

Still have to clean up some food choices - doing better than a few weeks ago but could still be better!

Planning on cutting out dairy all together but may have to wait until after the holidays but will keep it to a minum until then. No more yogurt - after today of course - have to cut down on the cheese too which may be the most difficult.

I think the Omega 3 caps I'm taking are what's making me itchy - seems to be worse after taking them and the itching had wained when I stopped them for a few days - will stop for a week and see.

Eating is good - did not get on the scale today - don't want to get obsessed but do need it as a guide at this point. Oh well!

so today's plans eats are:
    B: tea / crepes / butter / caramelized apples
    L: chili
    S: a few pieces organic chocolate
    D: salmon - WILD CAUGHT! - maybe a little dill sauce
    That should be it - plus tons of H20
    I'm at about 96oz - not quite up to optimum intake but better than last week - I'm working on it!
    Have a great day!

Things looking good on your end Mainiaca! Good idea about not getting obsessed with the scale. Have you thought about using a body tape measure? They are awesome for seeing results when the scale doesn't. Something to consider.

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Hi TAW - I actually get measured and caliper tested at the gym. My last measure was when I started Primal in Oct and have another scheduled just before Christmas. I realize this is a much better measure to go by but not all that practical for everyday use (not that I weigh every day). The scale does help keep me on track tho.
    Thanks for posting!

Eating is pretty good today.
    So far:
    B: tea / bean flour crepes with blueberries and lots of farm fresh butter / a few pieces of bacon
    S: about 1/4 cup raw mixed nuts - wasn't really too hungry but ate them anyway - sometimes I fall back to that eat every few hours mentality. DUH!

Planned lunch: baked sausage omelet
    Planned dinner: chicken thighs with butter and cream mushroom sauce

Didn't have the omelet for lunch - decaf coffee instead - oh well
    Also had 6 pieces green and Black 85% and a small decaf iced coffee - gotta get off the coffee!
    Last edited by Mainiaca; 11-05-2010 at 04:59 AM.

Shop Now
    TGIFF!
    A morning of cleaning and laundry - then it's groceries and stopping by DH's work to say good-bye for the weekend. He's off for a boys weekend of camping in the White Mountains - crazy guys! then I'M taking the weekend off too!

Got on the scale - wasn't going to - but I did. I made my mini-goal - I'm at 155 - OMG! I can't wait to check off that number on the stickie on my monitor at work - so excited! The weekend goal is to maintain of course. Won't be easy - DD talked me into Chinese tonight since DH is off camping. So it's one meal and done!

Planned eats:
    Decaf coffee
    B: Baked sausage omelet
    L: Chicken thighs etc from last night and a BAS
    D: Chinese - I KNOW!
    S:?

A weekend of nothing to do but work on my blog and only if I feel like - aaahhhhhhh - priceless!

Eats update: didn't have the chicken but I did have the BAS: lettuce*/toms/apple/orange cheese*/almonds/crans/shredded carrots/EVOO & balsamic
    pumpkin latte for snack - and a cookie - I KNOW again!
    Last edited by Mainiaca; 11-05-2010 at 02:15 PM.