Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Me want MEAT! page

Longtail4711 is offline Senior Member

Me want MEAT!

Primal Fuel
    Does this happen to anybody else?

Now that Fall weather has really set in, I've lost my interest in vegetables. All I want is meat and maybe squash. The bulk of what I eat is just meat.

Is it just me or do others feel the same way come cooler weather?

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same way.
    I tend to go through phases that last a week or two where I only want meat, then a week or two with lots of veggies and some fruit.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Theres alot to be said for listening to your body!...except for when it says "Me want cake"

When I truly listen to my body and track religiously I see where the overall nutrition for the week or two is very balanced, yet a day might have 4 ounces of meat and a ton of swiss chard, spinach, onions and garlic, and maybe some blueberries.......and a few days down the road I might have a 'token' serving of sauteed mushrooms, just to top of the second steak of the day, since the first steak was accompanied by bacon! But the big picture I am right on target for my body and my goals

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    No - mine is saying 'eat sweet stuff!'
    Which is weird, as a month ago I'd practically forgotten its existence. (The sweet stuff, that is, not the body.)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yep. No food makes me feel as good for as long than a big juicy piece of meat. I still make an effort to eat vegetables with it, but gone are the days where fruit and vegetables were a meal. Fuck that stupidity . Also I have found a source of pastured butter that doesn't hurt my tummy so vegetables are now more palatable.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtail4711 View Post
    Does this happen to anybody else?

Now that Fall weather has really set in, I've lost my interest in vegetables. All I want is meat and maybe squash. The bulk of what I eat is just meat.

Is it just me or do others feel the same way come cooler weather?
    I had an aunt who went vegetarian.

She came to her senses on holiday in New Zealand. The South Island can be quite cold, and she said that there she was shivering in a tin roofed hut and she just knew she wanted a piece of meat.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I've definitely been more meat-focused lately. Mostly beef and pork. More and more of my CSA vegetables are being frozen for later because I don't feel like eating them.

I'm also getting cravings for specific types of meat. =] I forgot my lunch at home today (ugh), and I thought about just not eating, but I was having a craving for chicken so I went to the nearest cafeteria and got some on a salad. I think this is the first chicken craving I've ever had.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Well the buck of my calories comes from meat/fats (regardless of season), but I think it makes sense that during the winter season you will lose interest in fruits (since that was seasonal) and vegetables, and focus more on meat/eggs.

Ever since I switch to primal, I crave meat/eggs. My body is finally in it's "natural state"!

batty is offline Senior Member
    i dont know if its the weather or my challenge, but yeah, i'm finding myself to not really want the vegetables as of late. i could probably go all winter on just meat, eggs, and the occasional avocado.

and chocolate.
    *cough*

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    yes, i'm having massive steak cravings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast