Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Me want MEAT! page 3

JessicaFleur is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone. I am replying to this post a year later than everyone else, but I still wanted to anyway.

My parents still joke that as a little girl, I only wanted to eat meat and more meat, all the time. Of course I couldn't because that isn't what conventional wisdom told us to eat. So I was a vegetarion for a while, then later on added lean chicken. The meat craving never went away, it haunted me and I couldn't explain it, because I was eating healthy. Actually a few months before I became primal I started eating ribs and bacon. I could not control the craving any longer.

So this is my second week of going primal and it does scare me how much meat and fat my body is craving. I figure that I am making up for lost time. I also do eat a lot of vegetables and the occasional fruit and nuts, so I don't feel too guilty.

Other cravings for carbs, sugar or alcohol have completely gone.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    If you don't eat your meat, how can you have any pudding:-)

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Yes ;-D And I'm a veggieaholic!

For breakfast I was eating bacon, or steak and eggs, or even just plain chicken.
    For my second meal I'd prepare some meat, but I didn't cook vegetables because I didn't feel like them. Eventually I realized what was happening, and started making myself eat vegetables... which I do, even though I still don't feel like it.

I can't wait for chestnuts to be in season though! Hmmm, I love Autumn, my heart feels all gooey with pleasure.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    I switch from cravings for summer things on the BBQ to slow-cooked stews and soups, which are cold weather comfort foods for me. Prime rib roast instead of steak. Once in a great while I crave a green salad, but usually when I don't have to put it together myself. A little veg. And right now it's blackberry season in the northwest and I'm loving that (with lots of fresh, whipped cream.)
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Fall weather has yet to start here but I seem to be gradually wanting more and more meat.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    I've always loved meat and now since being primal I must say that my need for vegetables has diminished considerably. My fruit consumption is almost nil - except for the berries I've grown in my garden (blackcurrants are my absolute favourite), My ideal winter favourite for the winter will now be roast lamb and beef, maybe with some cauliflower and broccoli if I'm in the mood. Bacon and eggs or maybe a bacon and cheese omelette remain my staple for breakfast/lunch (should that be brunch?) I find two meals per day to be perfectly adequate for me. I am strange!

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    If you don't eat your meat, how can you have any pudding:-)
    LOL!!! Nice ...
    Bamaphotopro - Wedding & Portrait Photographer, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Age 56 - Quad Bypass Survivor, Sept. 16, 2005
    Went Primal - 8/22/2011 - 218 lbs.
    9/13/2011 - 206 lbs. (Wife Noticed!)
    Next Goal - 200 lbs. - Leaner & Stronger

http://www.momentsnoticed.com

Facebook Personal Profile (Friend Me!):
    http://www.facebook.com/Bamaphotopro

Facebook Pro Page (Be a Fan!):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moment...C/111048610165

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123