Thread: Confession: I knew chocolate almond butter was too good to be true page

Tawny is offline Senior Member

Confession: I knew chocolate almond butter was too good to be true

Shop Now
    I saw it in the grocery store last weekend, looked at the ingredients and the nutritional information and even though it's got some cane sugar in it, I decided to add it to my cart. That little voice in the back of my head said, "you're only fooling yourself" but I didn't listen.

I've done fine with it most of the week, a tablespoon to eat with my apple as my dessert every night, still staying under 100g carbs every day.

But last night I ate 3 great big spoonfuls...1 spoonful, then back, then back again, until I experienced that dizzy-headed fog of a sugar rush. I promptly laid on the sofa and was asleep in less than 10 minutes.

Lesson learned, sugar is sugar, even if it's wrapped up in seemingly innocent almond butter. And I really shouldn't try to fool myself into thinking something is primal when I know it's not.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I get fresh ground almond butter and mix in 85% or 100% chocolate. MMMMmmmm
    I dont buy too much at once... cause it's hard to put down sometimes.

RednGreen is offline Member
    Adding chocolate to almond butter? DELISH! Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks!
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm....maybe that's the key, to add the chocolate myself...

mayness is offline Senior Member
    You could probably just throw in some cocoa powder... it wouldn't be sweet at all, but I think it would still be awesome, and now I need to go talk myself out of buying almond butter because I guarantee this would be bad news for my weight loss attempt. =P
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    You could probably just throw in some cocoa powder... it wouldn't be sweet at all, but I think it would still be awesome, and now I need to go talk myself out of buying almond butter because I guarantee this would be bad news for my weight loss attempt. =P
    when you get your taste for sugar stabilized, this tastes just as awesome as what you remember a reese's PB to be.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    If the cocoa powder makes it too dry for you, mix in some melted coconut oil.