Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Enlarged lymph node since going primal. page

  1. #1
    Pezerinno's Avatar
    Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    164

    Enlarged lymph node since going primal.

    Ever since I have been on a primal diet (circa 6 weeks) my lymph node/gland on the left side of my neck has become enlarged. Blood tests come back as normal. Could changing diet cause enlarged lymph nodes or is it just a coincidence? No signs of any abnormalities in the groin or armpits just the neck.

  2. #2
    Lojasmo's Avatar
    Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    977
    How big is it? Likely coincidental.

  3. #3
    Pezerinno's Avatar
    Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    164
    Just under an inch.

  4. #4
    tamo42's Avatar
    tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    277
    One possibility is if you had been eating very low quality meats, your lymph system might be cleaning out hormones and various other drugs you took in with the meat.

  5. #5
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    349
    Aren't the toxins that are stored in fat cells released when the fat is burned? Maybe you're just burning a ton of fat?
    Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
    Current Weight: 266lbs
    High-school Weight: 235lbs
    Goal: ????

  6. #6
    Pezerinno's Avatar
    Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    164
    The meat I buy isn't grass fed organic as I don't have the funds right now (unemployed) however it is still decent from a good quality butchers. I didn't really have much fat to lose to be honest.

  7. #7
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezerinno View Post
    Ever since I have been on a primal diet (circa 6 weeks) my lymph node/gland on the left side of my neck has become enlarged. Blood tests come back as normal. Could changing diet cause enlarged lymph nodes or is it just a coincidence? No signs of any abnormalities in the groin or armpits just the neck.
    Pezerinno,
    If you don't have anything obvious like gum disease or a dental problem, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Swollen lymph is caused by an infection of some kind that your immune system is fighting. It could be a minor infection that will clear up with antibiotics or it could be serious such as lymphoma.
    Could also be caused by infection in Tonsils, adenoids, saliva glands, etc.

    Photos of conditions leading to swollen nodes:
    http://www.dentalmedsoft.com/OralPat...hapter%201.htm

    Diagram:
    http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Lymp...ds-Swollen.htm
    http://www.patient.co.uk/diagram/Lym...d-and-neck.htm
    Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

    Best to you & please keep us informed,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-29-2010 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Pezerinno's Avatar
    Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Pezerinno,
    If you don't have anything obvious like gum disease or a dental problem, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Swollen lymph is caused by an infection of some kind that your immune system is fighting. It could be a minor infection that will clear up with antibiotics or it could be serious such as lymphoma.
    Could also be caused by infection in Tonsils, adenoids, saliva glands, etc.

    Photos of conditions leading to swollen nodes:
    http://www.dentalmedsoft.com/OralPat...hapter%201.htm

    Diagram:
    http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Lymp...ds-Swollen.htm
    http://www.patient.co.uk/diagram/Lym...d-and-neck.htm
    Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

    Best to you & please keep us informed,
    Grizz
    Thank you for your concern however I have gone to a doctor and had a blood test which came back normal. The doctor didn't seem to be too concerned but I have made another appointment for the week after next (earliest I could do).

  9. #9
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Pezerinno,
    But you overlooked my question. Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

    Grizz

  10. #10
    Pezerinno's Avatar
    Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    164
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Pezerinno,
    But you overlooked my question. Looking at the diagrams, which node is swollen?

    Grizz
    Sorry Grizz,

    It appears to be the Cervical lymph gland. It was really quite pronounced when I first noticed it; like a golf ball almost but went down after a couple of days and now seems to vary slightly in size.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •